Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of all the horror story tesla delivery threads lmao

These are just worst case concerns that individual users have run across that customers can use to validate at time of purchase. Is it a lot to check? Yes. Can it save you an embarrassing failure just off the stealership parking lot? Absolutely. But, the reality is that 99% of people who look for this stuff will find nothing. I took pictures of my truck from every angle, crawled underneath, checked it out, test drove it, checked it again and found nothing. The only warranty concern I had was my fault - moonroof that I didn’t properly maintain broken tracks a couple years on.

hyperspeed

Reaction score
These are just worst case concerns that individual users have run across that customers can use to validate at time of purchase. Is it a lot to check? Yes. Can it save you an embarrassing failure just off the stealership parking lot? Absolutely. But, the reality is that 99% of people who look for this stuff will find nothing. I took pictures of my truck from every angle, crawled underneath, checked it out, test drove it, checked it again and found nothing. The only warranty concern I had was my fault - moonroof that I didn’t properly maintain broken tracks a couple years on.

I completely understand, especially with how wonky / disrupted global supply chains have been. Manufacturing processes have been disturbed and QC is not what it used to be on many production lines. This will be a great resource to when my truck arrives in the next week or so.

raptor556

Reaction score
I'd say it's smart to do whatever checking you want BEFORE signing on the dotted line. Not after.

After that sign the paperwork and try to enjoy your purchase.

If you want to fine tooth comb your Ford you are probably starting with the wrong brand in the first place.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'd say it's smart to do whatever checking you want BEFORE signing on the dotted line. Not after.

After that sign the paperwork and try to enjoy your purchase.

If you want to fine tooth comb your Ford you are probably starting with the wrong brand in the first place.
Not at all. Ford makes trucks, and statistically speaking you stand a very good chance of fine tooth combing your Raptor and finding nothing more than excessive tire shine. But, taking the time to inspect up front could save you fr driving off the lot with some rare one off issue.
I used the 2017 thread and created a check list. Paperwork took me maybe 20 minute, really quick. Test drive was about 40-45 minutes. We were at the stealership nut over 3.5 hour. The rest of the time was me checking the truck I just stroked the biggest personal heck I’d written.

so yes, I was nit picking the crap out of it. I brought my own tire gauge, I measured panel gaps with dial calipers,pics from every vantage point…

but that was me with my money not someone else’s money. FWIW I uncovered nothing with the truck and nothing popped up after

raptor556

Reaction score
Cool, so basically what you said is exactly what I said. If you are going to look over your vehicle, might be smart to do that before you sign on the dotted line. Whether you want to nit pick it or not with your panel gap tool. which by the way is amazingly ****. Step back and look at it, does it look ok or not? There's your answer on panel gaps.

And I'll say it again. yeah i'm sure most ford's like most other vehicles in general are nearly issue free from the factory. But it ain't an aston martin if you want to get crazy with the inspection.

doverrover

Reaction score
Ugh. I'm 2.5 hours away from the dealer that I purchased this from. Checking all of these before signing the dotted line would be nearly impossible. If I find something wrong I can't just go back easily to the dealer.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ugh. I'm 2.5 hours away from the dealer that I purchased this from. Checking all of these before signing the dotted line would be nearly impossible. If I find something wrong I can't just go back easily to the dealer.
Sure you can….ROAD TRIP!

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I plan to try! I had to do that to the aftermarket exhaust I put on the Explorer ST - it adjusted in the same place and in the way you are describing.
Did you ever attempt this? Did it work?