Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a rattle when I am listening to music with more bass. I had also tightened the subwoofer in the back and noticed the other day that it definitely seemed like the sunshade.
The rear sliding window can rattle on some trucks, on my 2021 limited I used some foam tape small piece 1” which made it go away.

FloridaRaptor4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear sliding window can rattle on some trucks, on my 2021 limited I used some foam tape small piece 1” which made it go away.
Dealership is out driving mine to find out where it is coming from. Frustrating but hopefully they can fix it. Or will just order a 37 raptor :)

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked my fuses and sure enough they all needed to be pushed in.
Yellow tapes around shocks is just a joke, removed what was coming off. Doesn’t look like it’s holding anything in place.
Yellow tapes under the hood just sitting on hoses etc ready to fall off. Removed and disposed. Not much may 2-3 spots.
Will check other things on the list over the weekend.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds familiar….

Did you have clear plastic still on your shocks?

You’ll probably also find pieces of black tape scattered about.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got struck with, what appears to be the loose trans oil line fitting…. check each item folks! This is a great thread. I just wasn’t able to go thru everything prior to delivery.

7A0B109D-E0AA-4CA9-8704-0D93B0D274D4.jpeg60C77B92-A3B7-4F38-A8C8-64A2913DCBC5.jpeg9042E95D-B96E-4E92-B7EF-C2DACC0AE9BF.jpeg

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I have to say, maybe I've been lucky before? Never had any issues with new gen1 and gen 2. The gen 3 has 2 flares not right, front bumper is ****** up, grill damaged in transport. Quality seems lacking?

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to say, maybe I've been lucky before? Never had any issues with new gen1 and gen 2. The gen 3 has 2 flares not right, front bumper is ****** up, grill damaged in transport. Quality seems lacking?
Got any pics?

Mazzdog

Reaction score
Took my 2021 gen 3 in for 3 vehicle recalls and the fan inverter noise. Recalls no problem.. the fan noise they said “i spoke to my rep and it’s supposed to be like that so there’s nothing we can do”… i sent him the TSB i found off a quick google search and told him about this forum and it’s listed here… the fact that i had to find the TSB for him and not him just looking for it in their system really aggravates me. I hate when they try to pull a fast one and push it off because they don’t feel like dealing with it. Thanks for bringing this up in this post and others. Saved me from having to make multiple trips back.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my 2021 gen 3 in for 3 vehicle recalls and the fan inverter noise. Recalls no problem.. the fan noise they said “i spoke to my rep and it’s supposed to be like that so there’s nothing we can do”… i sent him the TSB i found off a quick google search and told him about this forum and it’s listed here… the fact that i had to find the TSB for him and not him just looking for it in their system really aggravates me. I hate when they try to pull a fast one and push it off because they don’t feel like dealing with it. Thanks for bringing this up in this post and others. Saved me from having to make multiple trips back.
Good on ya. Don’t let’em off the hook.

mattio

Reaction score
I took delivery of my '22 4/28/22. checked today a found the plastic wrap on the front shocks. scratches on the edge of rear bumper, (obviously happened before bumper was on the truck). Last week I was installing my Blackvue cameras and found a random bolt under the passenger side kick panel, never installed as it had fresh factory blue thread locker. im not entirely disappointed, it could have been loose trans lines or paint blemishes so im counting my blessings.