The world’s first programmable ratio supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty slick!

I was at Desert Storm in Lake Havasu, AZ, (for those who don't know, Desert Storm is a boat show / gathering) walking around the street scene / show I came upon Boostpower, who make extremely high horsepower engines. They advertise the same idea, using a direct displacement type power adder. But, they electronically control their boost with the regulation of air flow.

High Performance Marine Engines, High Performance Automotive Engines | BOOSTPOWER USA

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah.... This got my go fast bug going.. Any updates?? more info?

Is this set up going to sound like the old set up? blow off valve like sounds?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
talked to procharger again today. here is what we spoke about

-the display/tuner will plug into the OBDII port just like the sct units do.
-CVT belt is made to last the life of the vehicle, so no maint there
-whole kit has been redesigned from current kit. better intercooler, different pulley and brackets so any past belt slippage issues are gone,new tune.
-here is the cool part i found out today. the tune has parameteres to meet but will learn and tune itself as needed. for example i asked what if i put the kit on and i decide i want to do long tube headers? procharger said the kit will learn the new setup and make the required adjustments quickly and u will NOT need a new tune. it will adjust and run correctly.
-remember this is a cvt trans on the charger so not only can u adjust the max boost with the tuner it will build boost faster with no lagging. at WOT instead of the boost gradually increasing with the RPM's, the CVT trans will make the charger boost to max boost limit right away. this will build more power quicker. the torque curve on this should be wild!

-i talked to them about becoming a vendor here, i told him the interest i have seen here about this kit and the interest in general about F/I. also the fact that one of the 1st vehicles they have the kit coming out for is the raptor it would be a good idea to become a vendor here or atleast stop in and drop some info kinda like JLT. they said they actually are getting more and more into forums as they think its the best way to get the word out. they are very interested in coming here and they took down the forum name and said they will look into it.

if i can think of anything i forgot i will update it but i think thats it. its been a busy day for me....

Nicely done! Thanks for your time and for sharing this info!

Intricate

Reaction score
Concern I have is dust and mud? There is not a lot of room to build a custom enclosed box with better filtration as compared to roots style! High dust and mud getting built up on the blow off valve. Second, vibration and inertia jolts from the punishment we put these trucks through. Concerned the mounts will not live. The positive displacement like Roush and Whipple adds a lot of power and mounts solidly on top the engine. What's everyone's thoughts?

OP
OP
NickPic83

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well 1st thing that comes to mind about how the top mount S/C is heat soak. as far as procharger the blow off valve could use a prefilter sock to help with water and mud. there may not be as much room for a filter enclosure but any kit would be custom so where theres a will theres a way...the mounts for it all look very beefy. i am not saying this kit is perfect as none of them are but only time will tell, so who is gonna be the 1st one to test it for us...?

Intricate

Reaction score
well 1st thing that comes to mind about how the top mount S/C is heat soak. as far as procharger the blow off valve could use a prefilter sock to help with water and mud. there may not be as much room for a filter enclosure but any kit would be custom so where theres a will theres a way...the mounts for it all look very beefy. i am not saying this kit is perfect as none of them are but only time will tell, so who is gonna be the 1st one to test it for us...?

Well I was going to SC my 2012 FX4 then I upgraded to the Raptor. Money is still there so when this thing goes to market I might give it a shot! Ill keep you posted!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps it's just me but I see this as a complicated solution to a problem that didn't really exist. One of the attractions to the centrifugal blowers has always been their somewhat linear boost curve, which can help you hook up and can also help keep you from blowing driveline parts all over the road (not sure about you guys but I've been there and done that a few times and it's expensive).

If that CVT fails either mechanically or electronically, there are going to be some melted pistons out there in Raptor land.

If you want low end torque, the Whipple is fairly well proven at this point.