"The Predicament"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have one of the first '10 with the 6.2, ordered it and waited and waited for my baby to arrive, I'm not going without a raptor again, she's never let me down in the 5 years she's been at my side, can't say the same for any other female. Gett your soul mate back, don't live alone for 2 more years!

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I bought my Raptor in June of '13 my local dealer couldn't get anymore for a few months. I ended up finding an eBay dealer in SC. When all the other dealers were selling at full sticker or bump, they sold it just like any other vehicle. Sticker was just shy of $57,000. They sold to me for $52,000 but I had to let them finance it and buy the ford extended warranty.

One thing I didn't realize about the extended warranty is once I sold the truck they sent me $1300 of my $1800 back of the unused portion of the $100,000 ext warranty.

Anyhow I believe you guys have sent me down the right path. Looking for an '11 screw.

I waited for several years, till I bought my 13, by then you could get them for $500 to $1000 over invoice at some dealers, but they sold out their allocation fast.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So here it goes. I owned and loved a 2013 Raptor Screw with all the goodies and added as most of us do, lights and winches and etc etc etc.

I thought I would be smart and sell while the market was "hot" and I did. Then I would wait for the 17 and pick up the new body style. I literally paid $52k for my truck, drove it for 49,000 miles and sold for $48k..... Maybe that was even too cheap as I scan around on eBay.

Now for the Predicament. I am still in love and missing my baby. I spend to many hours looking on all the sites for Raptors! I see new accessories that I NEED for the Raptor I don't have!

Do I buy another one or stick with my original plan and wait for the '17?!?? Tell me Raptor addicts, what do I do???

I have had many customers spill their same story to me Wvraptor13. Us that own, or owned these are just hooked! They all miss their trucks, but they are just gonna wait for the 2017 just to see what appeals to them more. Then they'll make their decision. There will be some differences that will make you think. Can we as mean of a look? Can we get the same aftermarket suspension capabilities? Will it be too nice of a truck to cut into? I know these thoughts run through my head. The models we have now are of course the biggest accessory ****** in the history of trucks, considering how fast this new market grew in such a short period. I wonder if it will be the same for the 2017. Without a Raptor is a rough road mentally when you already experienced it. Hang in there a we shall see.

WeaponX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here it goes. I owned and loved a 2013 Raptor Screw with all the goodies and added as most of us do, lights and winches and etc etc etc.

I thought I would be smart and sell while the market was "hot" and I did. Then I would wait for the 17 and pick up the new body style. I literally paid $52k for my truck, drove it for 49,000 miles and sold for $48k..... Maybe that was even too cheap as I scan around on eBay.

Now for the Predicament. I am still in love and missing my baby. I spend to many hours looking on all the sites for Raptors! I see new accessories that I NEED for the Raptor I don't have!

Do I buy another one or stick with my original plan and wait for the '17?!?? Tell me Raptor addicts, what do I do???

If you have the self control. Why not wait for the 17? I don't have that amount of self control hence why I have owned two raptors in the last 8 months :)

OP
OP
Wvraptor13

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All these posts are very helpful. All are valid on either side of the argument. I am going take some time today and figure out what I want to budget..... For accessories and purchase. Because we all know it's not the purchase it's the $1000 every week that seems to be calling our name. If I can come up with a budget I can feel good about (knowing it's a temporary solution).I could always buy one and enjoy it then maybe even wait till the 2018 MY.

I have spent sometime looking. I haven't found many 11's, but a bunch of nice 12's, and ultimately that maybe the best option being the upgraded torsen diff. I know it has flaws but it did save my arse twice in my 13.

Then you get to the old problem, well the 12's are X and for a few thousand more I could get a thirteen before I know it I'm in front of my computer looking at 14's! It truly is a terrible addiction.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All these posts are very helpful. All are valid on either side of the argument. I am going take some time today and figure out what I want to budget..... For accessories and purchase. Because we all know it's not the purchase it's the $1000 every week that seems to be calling our name. If I can come up with a budget I can feel good about (knowing it's a temporary solution).I could always buy one and enjoy it then maybe even wait till the 2018 MY.

I have spent sometime looking. I haven't found many 11's, but a bunch of nice 12's, and ultimately that maybe the best option being the upgraded torsen diff. I know it has flaws but it did save my arse twice in my 13.

Then you get to the old problem, well the 12's are X and for a few thousand more I could get a thirteen before I know it I'm in front of my computer looking at 14's! It truly is a terrible addiction.

Let me know if you want information about my 11, I'll be pricing it to sell by the end of the week, I haven't even listed it yet at this point.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've been in the same boat lately. Really want a 13-14 due to the interior and a few other things, but can't really afford one. Looked at some cheap 11's in the 30 range but think i'll just wait and hope prices drop in another year or so. I don't want a 17 though not a fan of them so far

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP it seems like the market may have reached it peak and is starting to slowly come down. I've noticed lately that trucks are starting to sit longer than they were previously. Hopefully that means the prices start dropping soon