"The Predicament"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

"The Predicament"

You are a sell out. You did it out of greed instead of love of the raptor. Suffer and wait, you did this to yourself, man up and live with it.

Then when you get your 17 before us because our resale tanked then we will suffer.

So suffer now or later. LOL

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I say buy one now and enjoy it. I couldn't go that long without one. I really don't think the resale on the gen1 is going to plummet. There are always going to be people that refuse to buy the Ecopoop Raptor (myself included) that you'll be able to get your investment back. Just my 2 cents. Sorry that was supposed to be Ecoboost but spellcheck changed it. Lol.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much dealer markup will be on the 17's? Hopefully you will find a dealer willing to sell for msrp, or wait till the "I want it at any price" market is satisfied.

OP
OP
Wvraptor13

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how much dealer markup will be on the 17's? Hopefully you will find a dealer willing to sell for msrp, or wait till the "I want it at any price" market is satisfied.

When I bought my Raptor in June of '13 my local dealer couldn't get anymore for a few months. I ended up finding an eBay dealer in SC. When all the other dealers were selling at full sticker or bump, they sold it just like any other vehicle. Sticker was just shy of $57,000. They sold to me for $52,000 but I had to let them finance it and buy the ford extended warranty.

One thing I didn't realize about the extended warranty is once I sold the truck they sent me $1300 of my $1800 back of the unused portion of the $100,000 ext warranty.

Anyhow I believe you guys have sent me down the right path. Looking for an '11 screw.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here it goes. I owned and loved a 2013 Raptor Screw with all the goodies and added as most of us do, lights and winches and etc etc etc.

I thought I would be smart and sell while the market was "hot" and I did. Then I would wait for the 17 and pick up the new body style. I literally paid $52k for my truck, drove it for 49,000 miles and sold for $48k..... Maybe that was even too cheap as I scan around on eBay.

Now for the Predicament. I am still in love and missing my baby. I spend to many hours looking on all the sites for Raptors! I see new accessories that I NEED for the Raptor I don't have!

Do I buy another one or stick with my original plan and wait for the '17?!?? Tell me Raptor addicts, what do I do???
Welcome back. It truly is an addiction.

I just told RW last week that I still smile as I'm heading out from work to my truck. I really enjoy that thing! And it's been over 3 years now.

Donate $10 for a chance to win $500 off a Headlight build from @Raptor Retrofit

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=868026

Last edited: