The one and only radio thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if you can pick up fire dept frequencies with icom-f5021. I am stuck between that radio and TYT TH-9000D. But i know tyt will scan fire frequencies.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about fire. Depends on the wave length. I had my icom programmed with forest service and blm frequencies for all the states I could find.

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
does anyone know if you can pick up fire dept frequencies with icom-f5021. I am stuck between that radio and TYT TH-9000D. But i know tyt will scan fire frequencies.

The F5021 is a VHF radio, looking at CFD they use UHF 470+MHz for their transmissions. Check with your local FD for frequencies that they use.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just google FCC frequency lookup and search there...anyone with a license is listed.

--John

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to see if someone would be willing to point me to / share a copy of the "Master List" of frequencies that you are programming into your radios... I am looking to program my mobile unit (not handheld)

I have read and searched the forums and was not able to locate a post anywhere...

PM me or [email protected] if you want to email me what you have

Many Thanks in advance!!

GMAN

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The baofeng programming thread has the list in a file that can be opened with chirp.

GMAN62465

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks T_J... but too much fluff and extra steps... How about just a list somewhere??

Someones gotta have a list somewhere other than the programming file

Don't want to download Chirp when I prob wont use it anyway...

GMAN