Build your own VHF Radio Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
The antenna mount works like a charm! Does anyone have an SWR meter they are bringing to the Run? The quick release I chose is decent, supposidly the "HD" version but it has a hair of wiggle room. We did have to trim the piece that goes into the hole a bit to get it to fit but other than that, great mod. The antenna does aim out a tad due to the shape of the bed but you could easily shim it straight if it was bothersome. I like that it peeks around the cab a bit... BTW the antenna is a 4ft Firestik Firefly (slightly thinner model) Have run this antenna on all my CB setups in the past and have never had an issue.

i-6Wn28BC-L.jpg

i-Wcf4fxn-L.jpg

i-8QMWjwf-L.jpg

i-rKdzVRx-XL.jpg

Last edited:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother and I got to test the radios today. The raptor has the ICOM, using the handheld Yaesu in the RV, and we were talking 4 miles apart in hilly country and crystal clear! I'm stoked for this setup!

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK... so we visited the local store and approached them about a group buy...

There is some good news and some bad news...

The bad news is that they were not interested in giving a price break no matter what the quantity. We even tried to get just a 5% break on the accessories. No dice.

The manager said there just isn't enough mark up in the Wouxun line to allow any discounts. In fact, he showed us some of the exact same accessories for other radios that were more than twice the price of the Wouxun items! (earpiece microphone and speaker mic... I really like using the speaker mic!)

(Just FYI, the Wouxun uses the same plug as Kenwood)

Bottom line: You can buy the radio anywhere you want to for about $120.

BUT, if you buy the radio from this store, what they will do is program it for FREE. You will receive an (unlocked) radio with the GMRS, "race", and MURS frequencies already programmed and ready to use.

I've already given them the program list. I will try to post a copy here.

Anyone interested can contact:

Luke Rohn
AES
800-634-6227
[email protected]

And tell him you want the Wouxun set up with the FRF programming.

They will ship fast and to anywhere in the country.

I will put the FRF pre-programmed frequency list in another post.

Just spoke to Luke and ordered my radio with FRF frequencies and a speaker microphone. Seems like a good company to deal with so far.

Phy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got my radio and speaker/mic today. Super fast shipping. Glad they did the racing programming for me. On the FRF TRD channels there are channels for BAJAPIT, BAJAPRO, etc...those must be trey's channels from the bajas he's done?

3021e81.jpg

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Got my radio and speaker/mic today. Super fast shipping. Glad they did the racing programming for me. On the FRF TRD channels there are channels for BAJAPIT, BAJAPRO, etc...those must be trey's channels from the bajas he's done?

3021e81.jpg

That's just a general desert racing freq list. The only one specific to me is locos mocos.