The 2017 Eco-Boost vs V8 Bench Racing / Whining thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Guess you aren't getting one then. The 2014 fully loaded topped out at $60,250 after the last price increase. Mine was $59,975 MSRP. So what makes you think that a 2017 loaded isn't going to be $65k or more? Shoot a 2015 loaded King Ranch is now just over $64k.

Top end price is one thing. My concern is that they follow suit with what jeep did and the base model ends up be $60k+

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Imagine how much the Shelby and roush versions will be [emoji15] we thought pricing was crazy now! Lol I think buying a used low mileage blown 1st gen will bring more smiles per mile than a 2017. Guys running superchargers, what ya'll think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go for it, actually pre-order. It's going to the shop to be tuned and cleaned up immediately. Fix the grill, tailgate, some bumpers and lighting, and make it put out around 600 HP. Then we'll see how it works.
I think the grill and front bumper is butt ugly as is the ******** on the tail gate. We are gonna loose the big picture frame around the grill to make appear a bit tighter, and maybe try a brick wall stack effect... we'll see. I'm sure ADD, SDHQ, and some of the bigger folks are going to have some cool stuff out real quick.
On the other hand, I would never think of changing it on my'10, they did a damn near perfect job on the gen1.
I won't sell my '10 just because it's way too cool and will stay timeless IMHO.
I think all the tech that's going to be in the first year of the gen 2 might be problematic, but we'll see.
My .02 for now....

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll bet there's a shitload of naysayers on the Ford GT forums too :baby:

And they're probably bitching about the "sound" and how the vehicle "needs a V8."

Did you guys always hate turbos? Anything with a turbo? You know Ferrari is going turbo too, right?

Yeah, turbos suck. Can't perform. Dust will kill 'em. Fuggedaboudit!

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Imagine how much the Shelby and roush versions will be [emoji15] we thought pricing was crazy now! Lol I think buying a used low mileage blown 1st gen will bring more smiles per mile than a 2017. Guys running superchargers, what ya'll think?

Yeah, buy a used low mileage blown 1st gen. I saw one here that someone was asking about 60 effin' grand.

Gimme a break.

Gen 1's better sell before the Gen 2's come out :ROFLJest:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whats wrong with preferring a v8 over a turbo v6, I'm confused?

Absolutely nothing but with how restrictions are going smaller boosted motors are going to start taking over large displacement NA motors.

Its going to be a situation where you get on board or you get pulled on board kicking and screaming, either way youre not wrong.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think Dan here is second guessing why he sold his raptor for a jeep and came here to post a thread about how others need to get rid of theirs too so he can make himself feel better about his decision. Poor guy....
:snoopfacepalm:

Oooh so he sold his Raptor, sounds like he's going through withdrawal. That explains the bashing

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think Dan here is second guessing why he sold his raptor for a jeep and came here to post a thread about how others need to get rid of theirs too so he can make himself feel better about his decision. Poor guy....
:snoopfacepalm:

bingo.jpg

Yeah, I'm second guessing selling my Raptor with 55,000 miles for almost as much as I paid for it. :baby:

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Oooh so he sold his Raptor, sounds like he's going through withdrawal. That explains the bashing

18f711dde39aa3bf247faf39e6f50e43.png

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Whats wrong with preferring a v8 over a turbo v6, I'm confused?

Q4xc5gH.jpg

wh20vinnff.jpg

Last edited: