Texas Raptor Run 2012 - Picture Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guarantee people come back with frame problems. It'll be a year or two before I go do that. Need new shocks and supporters everywhere.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Although its fun some will regret it lol

Yes the frame issue is going to come back to life this weekend for sure---saw along with the ADD guys and couple of members it happen right in front of us at the end of the course yesterday to 2 trucks. GOT TO PROTECT YOUR TRUCK if you are going to drive it hard. Both hit the frame so hard when they bottomed out it sounded like a gunshot.

Going to let the RPG guys comment on the truck---hitting that kind of object at that speed is not a good thing.

Had fun meeting folks and had some work by RPG done to my truck --- now the 37's can move full range of travel with the wheels turned!

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Infidel, I'm not in any sort of shell. I've jumped my raptors and I can guarantee its farther than you have. I'm not trying to dog people I'm just saying people don't realize that stock is pretty crappy. I've spent thousands on frame issues and I'm currently dealing with one right now I'm one of my raptors. People just don't realize what crushing that skid plate is really doing i guarantee you. You're jacking up more than you think. (because I thought the same) till I ripped everything apart with some professional frame and suspension guys. This truck needs an extra 10-15 grand of upgrades to really turn it into a machine, for jumping especially. And RGP crashes into a pole it looks like. That doesnt have to do with the truck. Just sayin...

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully their rig is still drivable. That would really blow if their weekend came to an end already. I'm sure those boys "have an ultimate set of tools" and can fix it.

Not even close---hope it is not totaled. Little road rash and the air bags, and 4 point harness saved the day. Still Jarrett was in a great mood when he was moving the motor home so they could hook up the trailer to take it to the shop to load up his wounded truck.

When I last night left the Wounded Warrior Raffle was up to 1400.00 already!!:waytogo: Sorry I had to come back but have a commitment for tonight--bet there will be a lot of ear to ear grins today!!

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OMG! This is soooooooooo cool! I'm gonna have some awesome video for you guys.:waytogo:

After meeting Madcowranch I understand why he has that name here! When he got out of his truck he was foaming at the mouth---he has Mad Cow Disease!!:mwah1: Was good meeting you---wish I was still there!

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
a6f9c43c-c1ee-6788.jpg

We are having a great time.

All I can say about yesterday is that some folks do need to look up the term "parade lap"

Only thing I wish is that the wind would die down a bit, I have sandpaper in my mouth!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CSmith you may be a professional stunt truck driver for all I know or care. I was simply stating that you can wrap yourself in bubble wrap and walk down the street but it wont protect you when ****** up shit happens.

No worries drink a little drink smoke a little smoke. :peace:

Back to the Pics.....

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming that's sarcasm. But it can easily be ****** up stock even with rear frame supporters and bumpstops.

Last edited: