GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all you early adopters. I'll probably buy mine in July. Do any of you have issues with audio while using a NAV-TV ZEN 2AB? I have 2 amps connected with the oem radio.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is working flawlessly so far... the couple of things that seem to just be inherent to the unit are; when getting in the truck the audio will be on some randomass station instead of where it was left. The other thing is that the 'console' app (which is how you get to the stock OEM ford sync) will sometimes need to be force quit as sometimes it displays weird. Quitting and reopening fixes this. Other than those 2 things, the unit works very very well and sounds much better than the OEM radio for some reason.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is working flawlessly so far... the couple of things that seem to just be inherent to the unit are; when getting in the truck the audio will be on some randomass station instead of where it was left. The other thing is that the 'console' app (which is how you get to the stock OEM ford sync) will sometimes need to be force quit as sometimes it displays weird. Quitting and reopening fixes this. Other than those 2 things, the unit works very very well and sounds much better than the OEM radio for some reason.
Can you control your speakers individually in DSP?

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you use the DSP app last screen to move sound to only front right, then front left, then rear left, and finally rear right speaker? If you watch my video a few posts up you can see what happens in the default console (works correctly) and in the DSP app (will not isolate between front and rear speakers).

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all you early adopters. I'll probably buy mine in July. Do any of you have issues with audio while using a NAV-TV ZEN 2AB? I have 2 amps connected with the oem radio.
I have the zen and aftermarket Amps / subs / speakers .... no issues. Sounds better.
Can you use the DSP app last screen to move sound to only front right, then front left, then rear left, and finally rear right speaker? If you watch my video a few posts up you can see what happens in the default console (works correctly) and in the DSP app (will not isolate between front and rear speakers).
You should have full fade / balance control w the screen. Sounds like an issue.

soeperman

Reaction score
I had the exact same symptoms. Not sure if software or hardware related. Likely hardware I presume. I am wondering if it is the actual sound processor on the unit or possibly a bad harness. I can't think of anything else. I bought the unit from AliExpress and i was able to update it with the AutoTec software update (which was the same version it already came with). Problem was not resolved. My guess is likely hardware or the harness. I'm getting a new unit hopefully by next week and see if it still has the same issue or if it'll be resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erikn