GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soeperman

Reaction score
I recently installed this unit and I have B&O. I'm having some issues with the sound however. Not sure if someone can confirm this issue.

There's a lot of distortion even at the lower volumes through this unit.

In the DSP, the equalizer works however the screen with the high/low filters and gain does nothing.

The balance/fade screen, the front left/right controls affects nothing. The rear left/right controls both front/rear balance physically.

I turned on factory AMP in the settings.

Sound through the "console" works perfectly since it is technically factory APIM.

soeperman

Reaction score
Better hope those Tesla radios don't blow up.

BTW, the Starship's pronouns are "was/were."
Well....didn't quite blowup but my unit is dead after 5 days. Will not boot up anymore. Tried numerous ways to reset it. Just a black screen with backlight on. No boot logo, nothing!

Attachments

• PXL_20230421_220824549.jpg
    PXL_20230421_220824549.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 37

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Musk is a charlatan. He has dropped the prices of Telsa cars SIX TIMES this year, which tells you that he has been overcharging from the get-go. His Space-X investors are considering how a "rapid unscheduled disassembly" might change their investment decisions. And he has so ruined Twitter that its stock (and stockholders) have lost billions. I have long thought that he might wind up in court facing criminal charges.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Musk is a charlatan. He has dropped the prices of Telsa cars SIX TIMES this year, which tells you that he has been overcharging from the get-go. His Space-X investors are considering how a "rapid unscheduled disassembly" might change their investment decisions. And he has so ruined Twitter that its stock (and stockholders) have lost billions. I have long thought that he might wind up in court facing criminal charges.
I don't know, I have a model s and it is awesome, drive it daily to work.....the price drops seem to be related to the idea that Tesla has a higher profit margin than competitors (most are -profit currently) and also related to supply and demand

I used to think the Tesla hype was just BS but then I drove one and bought a used model s and it is remarkable both in performance and tech features....way ahead of the competition and with the supercharging network you can't beat it v other electric vehicles

I agree that he overpaid for twitter and got a bit political for investors though (not saying he is wrong though...bs that the govt was controlling media content)

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well....didn't quite blowup but my unit is dead after 5 days. Will not boot up anymore. Tried numerous ways to reset it. Just a black screen with backlight on. No boot logo, nothing!
Are they replacing it? I'm not surprised the unit is dead, that sound issue sounded like a board issue.

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if he's getting a replacement as well?

Also would like to know if the display can be dimmed very low for night driving. I like my interior lights at the lowest setting possible when driving at night.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering if he's getting a replacement as well?

Also would like to know if the display can be dimmed very low for night driving. I like my interior lights at the lowest setting possible when driving at night.
Yes you can set the dim for both day and night.