GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I am digging this radio. It is soooooo much better than the phoenix it’s no comparison. I can actually check email and browse the web with ease. I never did it with the phoenix cuz it was sooooo slow. The thing had 3 modes only that i ever used, sync 3 screen, waze or youtube tv. This new one is fast AF. Tweaked the home screen a bit. My anti glare screen ****** should be here tomorrow.

IMG_1005.jpeg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The one thing that is annoying is that the tablet does not pick up where it left off when you turn the truck off. It sucks for short trips - no matter what you are listening to it will seem to always default to some random AM or FM station in sync 3. If you were half way through a song on spotify for example, and you hit play on the widget - it will start at the beginning again. Desperately need the anti glare protector already :p Also updated the background pic with an incarnation of my truck :cool:

IMG_1009.jpeg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK last post for a while :p I'm sure everyone is sick of me posting shit here, finally got the anti glare screen protector on. I had to cut it as it is too long and too wide - you can see where the black border is, I didn't bother covering that section so much, just the actual screen that is displayed. They sent 2 so I can redo it later if I want. Note the one round corner :snoopfacepalm: Anyway, it's much easier on the eyes with it on.

IMG_1011.jpeg

Also, yes split screen works awesome now that I know how to do it! Of course, the app has to support it. I have my 2 most important apps to split, Waze and YouTube TV :p

IMG_1012.jpeg

Last edited:

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK last post for a while :p I'm sure everyone is sick of me posting shit here, finally got the anti glare screen protector on. I had to cut it as it is too long and too wide - you can see where the black border is, I didn't bother covering that section so much, just the actual screen that is displayed. They sent 2 so I can redo it later if I want. Note the one round corner :snoopfacepalm: Anyway, it's much easier on the eyes with it on.

View attachment 399528

Also, yes split screen works awesome now that I know how to do it! Of course, the app has to support it. I have my 2 most important apps to split, Waze and YouTube TV :p

View attachment 399537
Keep posting, gives us on the fence more courage to jump! You using your cell phone hotspot or the unit’s 4g?

STXRaptor23

Reaction score
Well, I was able to split it once, but now can't figure it out. I'm an android noob so there's that too...

View attachment 399480
Can you give us the measurement of the actual video “window” whether it’s Netflix, VLC, or YouTube tv? I’m curious is it’s significantly better than the 8” OEM in my ‘18 when I use an Android box. Neither AutoTec or Ali websites give the heightxwidth of the unit.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered the AutoTec. Confirmed that if you don't like it and only test-fit the electronics together you can send it back. But once you start putting screws in you are screwed. See what I did there?