Tesla Cybertruck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The future is here and the truck is going to be the number one thing everyone else is trying to duplicate

scoresman903

Reaction score
The news reports say they have 148,000 deposits. I counted four in this thread. Plus mine equals five. The deposit is only $100 and refundable. We'll see what the production version looks like. Meanwhile, the technology and specs are really interesting.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Scott Phillips pretty much covered my bases verbatim.

Given what I've seen of the gen2 raptor owners, I figured many raptor owners would have interest in this, and if it looked decent, a few would make the switch. Given what was revealed, somewhat surprised that a few here are putting in deposits, but then again, I see a lot of baller gearheads who like to try out different things every year or two.

When I saw it, it struck me as outrageous. If I had an unlimited budget, I might own for a couple months, but the novelty would wear off pretty quickly. I mean, I'd give Nicki Minaj a curiousity ****.

Even if the brakes are small enough to support a proper set of offroad tires, I seriously doubt an air suspension'd truck is going to desert run anything like a raptor. Would like to know its weight.

Will also be interesting to see what its range is with a 14000 lb brick attached. Can it receive a fifth wheel?

I was hoping for something more like this.

View attachment 132948

I actually prefer the bladerunner version to the Honda Ridgeline version.

jfo1z

Reaction score
I really want to see the air suspension in action. That’s the only thing that concerns me. Will it be a weak point/repair issue or will it hold up. Tesla doesn’t have the infrastructure like dealers to do repairs quickly and they can be expensive to repair. That said they don’t really require much in the repair/maintenance category by default and this thing is built like a tank. There is a reason it is shaped like a triangle/diamond. That shape can withstand a lot of force...think house trusses. Also, that 500 mile range with full self driving will be absolutely sick for road trips. You don’t really understand until you have used autopilot/self driving features and EVs have so much more interior room. Plus it will be amazingly safe with their low battery design and that size. Currently I have a Model X and a Gen 1 and I plan on keeping the Gen 1 if I get the Cyber.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
@Scott Phillips pretty much covered my bases verbatim.

Given what I've seen of the gen2 raptor owners, I figured many raptor owners would have interest in this, and if it looked decent, a few would make the switch. Given what was revealed, somewhat surprised that a few here are putting in deposits, but then again, I see a lot of baller gearheads who like to try out different things every year or two.

When I saw it, it struck me as outrageous. If I had an unlimited budget, I might own for a couple months, but the novelty would wear off pretty quickly. I mean, I'd give Nicki Minaj a curiousity ****.

Even if the brakes are small enough to support a proper set of offroad tires, I seriously doubt an air suspension'd truck is going to desert run anything like a raptor. Would like to know its weight.

Will also be interesting to see what its range is with a 14000 lb brick attached. Can it receive a fifth wheel?

I actually prefer the bladerunner version to the Honda Ridgeline version.
Who says we have to get rid of the Raptor? I’m more interested in a daily electric truck and keep the rap for off grid shenanigans.

Okegg0

Reaction score
Yeah I put in for the TriMotor for the $100, can always cancel it. Not the greatest looking truck but I dont hate it either... something different at least

Vegas_Sirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus it will be amazingly safe with their low battery design and that size.

Unless it gets in an accident and the batteries catch on fire. Lithium-Ion batteries are no joke and EMS are already having issues dealing with them on current Tesla models.

3269581_032718-kgo-tesla-car-fire-img.jpg

They can't be put out with water and require a foam sprayed on them.