SWAT vehicle tracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what SWAT is? Seems like a lojoack type of device. My dealer installed one, but I don't have any information on how it works. Seem legit, or no? Maybe something Ford puts in to recover the vehicle if the loan is defaulted on? I didn't even finance through Ford...

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have an aftermarket tracking device. I would make the dealer remove it. Ford Pass can track your vehicle.
Disconnecting the Ford connect services is usually the first thing carjackers do - so wouldn’t rely on it for recovery purposes.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Often put on vehicles of buyers with poor credit and way they can track you. Paying for it was same as ADM IMHO.

Last edited:

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a dealer add on so they can mark it up. Same concept with silly vin sticker some put all over the dang truck, locking lugs etc.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a dealer add on so they can mark it up. Same concept with silly vin sticker some put all over the dang truck, locking lugs etc.
I 100% agree with you. But I am more likely to accept something like that from a dealer that doesn't otherwise have an ADM. Yeah, I'll pay $500 for your stupid add on if you are otherwise selling at MSRP.