GATEWAY MODULE FAILURE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Easyrider470

Reaction score
2023 Raptor had it 2 days, both screens went black. Took it in and the culprit was identified as the gateway module.
Service techs order the part, then escalated the buy with an emergency priority. Apparently they went directly to the part manufacturer instead of through Ford to avoid back order status. That happened 22 JULY
The current status of the part is SHIPPED. That’s it, no tracking info, no ETA, nothing. I have been talking with my service writer DAILY. He tells me that the parts manager went to the parts REP for the area and even his status is SHIPPED. I am incredibly frustrated that a dealership and the parts rep do not have tracking information and that they have accepted that status for weeks.

I asked if they could just take it off another truck since it’s been so long and they said NO, it’s coded to the VIN of the truck it’s installed in so it will cause problems with my truck if it’s installed.
I felt like that could be BS since re-flashing the computer should re-set all that stuff right? I’m not a car mechanic so maybe it’s true what they are saying. Or maybe the dealer just doesn’t have the tools they need to make a module work in a different truck? Seems like it should work no matter where they install it. Not like the manufacturer is coding something for my specific truck. If anyone has some knowledge on the topic and can chime in that would be great!

This is the part number RU5Z14G490J