Swapping On Fresh (Stock) Shocks vs. ESP Warranty Inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ORTrux

Reaction score
I've got a 19' coming up on 36k. I'm convinced that the shocks are tired, but the dealer has been nothing but obstinate about any ride quality complaints. I'm done wasting hours out of my day on them so I found a full set of 20 mile take-offs taken off a baja build for a solid price and I picked them up - I want to swap them on, but I've been given conflicting statements as to whether doing so is going to somehow impact the pre-ESP inspection in the near future? Am I good to have these thrown on or should I secure the ESP before doing so?

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocks are a wear item especially at 36K and aren't to be covered unless you had like brand new ones leaking or something.

Don't see why putting on newer shocks would make any difference...how would they even know?

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a "pre-esp" inspection? I bought my ESP warranty online from Flood Ford. 2 hours later it showed up on my Ford account.

I'm with Realjones on this one -- how would they even know?

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
I have a 2018 with 80K and just replaced the Blue 2018 shocks with some brand new Live-Valve take-offs for a solid deal shipped to my door. I had to get the RPG Delete kit too since I have a 2018. tempImageEOUiZV.jpgI also replaced the rear leaf springs with some 8K mile ones that I found for sale locally from a guy who replaced his with Eibachs. That and some 2020 wheels and new tires and my truck is riding fresh. Raised it up quite a bit to boot.

I too have the 100K PremiumCare warranty and I am not worried about it voiding whatsoever. They are OEM replacements. I even asked one of the Ford Techs and he said I shouldn't worry about it. As @realjones88 said, how would they know?