FLOOD Ford ESP with preexisting ESP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Hi all, so I have a quick question on how to proceed, if anybody might have an answer to my predicament. When I first purchase my '19 back in November of the same year, I bought the 5 year, 60k ESP. My family and I have a habit of buying a new vehicle every year, so I was thinking I might not own it that long, but, lo and behold, the Raptor turned out to be something special and I now desire to own it for a much longer time than 5 years. Now I'm looking to buy an ESP more than the 5/60k, particularly through FLOOD.

So, does anybody have any recommendations/advice how to proceed? Looking at FLOOD Ford it appears I can still purchase an ESP through them hassle-free as long as I've had less than 41 months ownership, I'd like to go 8-10/125k, but does that mean I should/can cancel the previous 5/60k warranty, or can I purchase the 8-10/125k warranty on top of it? If I can get a partial refund on the remaining 5/60k I will, just not sure if I can or if there would be any complications.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice!

OP
OP
KingKoopa17

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
Welp... this thread can be disregarded. It's amazing what you can accomplish by doing a little bit of legwork yourself instead of being a lazy-ass and asking the internet, lol. But I might as well supply what little knowledge I gained for those to ever encounter the same predicament as I did. In regards to my own question, I went through the following:

1. Spoke with Flood and was told that the initial ESP needed to be cancelled before buying a new one. They cannot modify the plan, nor can you have two extended warranties on one vehicle (probably obvious and I suspected it would be the case. But it confirmed my suspicions, so hey.)

2. Went down to the dealership that I bought the truck and ESP from, cancelled my plan and was reimbursed what remained on the 5/60k. Still financing through a credit union, so the money is to be sent to the financial institution and will be applied to my principal in a few weeks.

3. I emailed Flood to verify that I was able to buy the new warranty same-day, which they confirmed. Afterwards I picked the warranty I wanted and the whole process took maybe ten minutes. Real simple. Once the new plan was added I was able to check thru the FordPass app that the new plan is now active.

Speaking of which, a little sidenote on the FordPass app and getting the warranty to show up: the name on the paperwork and your name in the app must match in order for the warranty to show up. In the app I had my name shortened, so I always wondered why the warranties never showed up for my vehicles on the app. After changing it to my full name through the app's settings, the warranty now properly shows up.

Hope this information is useful to anyone!

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp... this thread can be disregarded. It's amazing what you can accomplish by doing a little bit of legwork yourself instead of being a lazy-ass and asking the internet, lol. But I might as well supply what little knowledge I gained for those to ever encounter the same predicament as I did. In regards to my own question, I went through the following:

1. Spoke with Flood and was told that the initial ESP needed to be cancelled before buying a new one. They cannot modify the plan, nor can you have two extended warranties on one vehicle (probably obvious and I suspected it would be the case. But it confirmed my suspicions, so hey.)

2. Went down to the dealership that I bought the truck and ESP from, cancelled my plan and was reimbursed what remained on the 5/60k. Still financing through a credit union, so the money is to be sent to the financial institution and will be applied to my principal in a few weeks.

3. I emailed Flood to verify that I was able to buy the new warranty same-day, which they confirmed. Afterwards I picked the warranty I wanted and the whole process took maybe ten minutes. Real simple. Once the new plan was added I was able to check thru the FordPass app that the new plan is now active.

Speaking of which, a little sidenote on the FordPass app and getting the warranty to show up: the name on the paperwork and your name in the app must match in order for the warranty to show up. In the app I had my name shortened, so I always wondered why the warranties never showed up for my vehicles on the app. After changing it to my full name through the app's settings, the warranty now properly shows up.

Hope this information is useful to anyone!
This is good info, that is good to have documented. It took me a year to figure out that fordpass issue! Also downside is if you have to cancel the old one they only prorate you but you pay the full amount for the new plan so its not the most cost efficient. Modifying it at the original dealer is usually just the delta in cost assuming they will match the price of Flood. Thats always the variable.