Suspension Needed to "Fill Out" ADV Fenders (2"Flare/2" Rise Front; 2.5" Flare/1" Rise Rear)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ive personally seen ADV fenders in person and they fit great! The owner said he put them on himself and required no cutting. Considering they're using the same mold I presume maybe it was a fluke or the shop is not familiar with fitting fiberglass. If I recall you do have to cut part of the stock plastic fender mount when fitting them.

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you have a shop issue. I've seen adv put on by 4 or 5 shops with no issue. You may wanty to call ADV to see what they say.
I belive the shop I took it too was one that you suggested in a earlier/different post, ha! Before I left they said they took me in the back where they had another raptor they were working on, it too had the same issues according to the tech that has been working on it. I made a video as it is now, will send it to ADV if the second body shop isnt able to get it right. Wonder if molds wear out over time?

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a commuter & for aesthetics (& potholes) & I plan to do the following:

ADV Front Fenders & Bedsides
ADD Pro Front Bumper w/Intercooler Kit
ADD Pro Rear Bumper
Fuel Zephyr Rims w/37” Toyo RTs
Amp Side Steps
Geiser or Eibach Springs
RPG Stage 3 Kit
Audio/Lighting Upgrades
A few bolt-on mods w/MPT Tune

That $3k+ on fenders & install might barely get me a set of 3.0 coilovers for the front (which I’d like a matching set, so would need to get the rears too then), so there really isn’t “better things to do” with it, unless I want to dive even further down the rabbit hole of modding..i.e. RPG Bolt Kit, Fox 3.0 Full upgrade, etc. Any of those routes put me $6k+ in the hole versus the $3k+ in the hole for the fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I wasn't trying to offend or anything. If you're not planning any hard off roading then you should be good on stock shocks. It will definitely look sick with the wide fenders and bedsides!

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would ask the shop to take pictures or video of the fitment , and send that off to adv to see what can be done.. but I do fee that a body shop could and should be able to make it fit with some efforts just depends on how much more money it would cost to do it..

I got quoted $1200 starting to have it installed and painted if it's a easy fit..
I was quoted the same. Everything I read on ADV was positive so I took the leap. Unfortunatly it was not an easy fit, the fitment ended up being $1375. Talking to a body shop now, latest quote was $1500-$1700 or so to get the gaps filled and painted. Said they are gonna have to put a bunch of time to get right as the glass is wavey and lots of gaps to fill and sand.

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quoted the same. Everything I read on ADV was positive so I took the leap. Unfortunatly it was not an easy fit, the fitment ended up being $1375. Talking to a body shop now, latest quote was $1500-$1700 or so to get the gaps filled and painted. Said they are gonna have to put a bunch of time to get right as the glass is wavey and lots of gaps to fill and sand.

are you going with bolt on fit, or molding it on ?

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you going with bolt on fit, or molding it on ?
The fenders are bolt on. The OEM bedsides were cut near the top but left the OEM attachment point. Than all they had to do was hang the new glass over the top and bolt it down.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't trying to offend or anything. If you're not planning any hard off roading then you should be good on stock shocks. It will definitely look sick with the wide fenders and bedsides!

No offense taken. I know it’s a shame to not use these trucks to their full potential.

My Gen 1’s stock suspension was more than enough for me, so I know the Gen 2 will be leaps & bounds better...also, I’ll eventually upgrade to a better setup, but not initially due to the cost of everything else. $6k+ for new shocks is just not something I’d personally benefit from, but that sweet wideee look will keep me looking back at it everytime I walk away from it. [emoji23]

Hopefully I can come across a lightly used set down the road to take some of the $$$ load off. $6k is so much for some damn shocks...now if it were a supercharger, sure, but these aren’t 5.0’s so [emoji2375]. [emoji23]

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For the fronts only or the bedsides as well? I figured labor & materials would put me around $3k total for fronts & bedsides painted to match.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You arent going to want to run spacers on the front of the truck. Just spacers really screw up the scrub radius and ackerman geometry.

they are fine on the rear. I've got about 5,000 dirt miles on a set of spacers on my rear axle and there are no cracks or issue. The only odd thing is that it is very hard to find rear spacers with the gen2 thread pitch. Its a little annoying to have to keep separate lugnuts from front to rear ( due to the spacers having gen1 thread pitch on the studs)

not even just a 5-10mm spacer? I wasn’t looking to do an inch or inch & a half spacer..half inch at the most if needed.