Suspension Needed to "Fill Out" ADV Fenders (2"Flare/2" Rise Front; 2.5" Flare/1" Rise Rear)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand the point of Fenders/bigger tires if youre going to stay on stock shocks. Like you said Zombie it seems like you would just overheat the stock shocks as they are not built to handle that weight and load. Unless you're just doing it for looks it seems there are much better things to spend 3k+ on. Though I do get the draw. I can't wait for the day where I build my truck enough to need wider fenders. They definitely look really tough.

It’s a commuter & for aesthetics (& potholes) & I plan to do the following:

ADV Front Fenders & Bedsides
ADD Pro Front Bumper w/Intercooler Kit
ADD Pro Rear Bumper
Fuel Zephyr Rims w/37” Toyo RTs
Amp Side Steps
Geiser or Eibach Springs
RPG Stage 3 Kit
Audio/Lighting Upgrades
A few bolt-on mods w/MPT Tune

That $3k+ on fenders & install might barely get me a set of 3.0 coilovers for the front (which I’d like a matching set, so would need to get the rears too then), so there really isn’t “better things to do” with it, unless I want to dive even further down the rabbit hole of modding..i.e. RPG Bolt Kit, Fox 3.0 Full upgrade, etc. Any of those routes put me $6k+ in the hole versus the $3k+ in the hole for the fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my truck back after getting the Advanced fiberglass fenders and bedsides put on. The shop can't get them to fit right, said the molds are bad, especially the drivers fender. Nothing lines up at all so im taking it to another shop to see if they have more luck with fitment. I would avoid ADV and go Boatec based on what im seeing.

Edit: I am running 37" Nitto RG's on +01mm offset wheels and can confirm that a neg offset is needed. Have Geisers up front and Deavers +3.

Well that sucks. I heard great things about their fitment...but now I’m unsure.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
svc makes nice arms, icon makes nice arms, camburg makes nice arms.

You could use stock shocks if you're just going for looks. ( collars or replacement springs).

I would not recommend really flogging the truck with stock shocks, as I feel like there would be a good chance of overheating the shocks with the bigger, heavy tires, etc etc.

It won’t be seeing any dirt unless it’s on a jobsite. It’s purely for commuting in style .

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing this

Full adv fenders
Eibach springs
+3 deavers
SVC bumpstop
Track bars

Adv suggest -20 offset wheels to sit flush

I'm thinking -44 offset (black rhino raze) to make it more agressive.. but man driving in the city and parking is gonna something else LoL

I'm contemplating on icon delta and tie rods SVC but not sure if it's needed or not..

Hmm, so the Fuel Zephyrs in 18x9 are -12 offset, which are pretty close to -20..if anything, I could make that up with a hub centric spacer if need be. Thanks for that info man. [emoji1417]

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I just got my truck back after getting the Advanced fiberglass fenders and bedsides put on. The shop can't get them to fit right, said the molds are bad, especially the drivers fender. Nothing lines up at all so im taking it to another shop to see if they have more luck with fitment. I would avoid ADV and go Boatec based on what im seeing.

Edit: I am running 37" Nitto RG's on +01mm offset wheels and can confirm that a neg offset is needed. Have Geisers up front and Deavers +3.

I think you have a shop issue. I've seen adv put on by 4 or 5 shops with no issue. You may wanty to call ADV to see what they say.

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would ask the shop to take pictures or video of the fitment , and send that off to adv to see what can be done.. but I do fee that a body shop could and should be able to make it fit with some efforts just depends on how much more money it would cost to do it..

I got quoted $1200 starting to have it installed and painted if it's a easy fit..

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won’t be seeing any dirt unless it’s on a jobsite. It’s purely for commuting in style .

I have 2019 so not too sure what is out there to change the shocks..

Any suggestions?

My truck is mostly drive daughter to daycare, and drive to work, buy milk and maybe a 3-6 hr road trip once or twice a year...

But one day I would love to be able to get away from family obligations and go off road but my priority ATM will be focused on spending as much time with my daughter even if it means sacaficeing my alone time to be with her

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Hmm, so the Fuel Zephyrs in 18x9 are -12 offset, which are pretty close to -20..if anything, I could make that up with a hub centric spacer if need be. Thanks for that info man. [emoji1417]

You arent going to want to run spacers on the front of the truck. Just spacers really screw up the scrub radius and ackerman geometry.

they are fine on the rear. I've got about 5,000 dirt miles on a set of spacers on my rear axle and there are no cracks or issue. The only odd thing is that it is very hard to find rear spacers with the gen2 thread pitch. Its a little annoying to have to keep separate lugnuts from front to rear ( due to the spacers having gen1 thread pitch on the studs)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I have 2019 so not too sure what is out there to change the shocks..

Any suggestions?

My truck is mostly drive daughter to daycare, and drive to work, buy milk and maybe a 3-6 hr road trip once or twice a year...

But one day I would love to be able to get away from family obligations and go off road but my priority ATM will be focused on spending as much time with my daughter even if it means sacaficeing my alone time to be with her

There are a couple companies making resistors to take the live valve shocks off. once that is done it is just a matter of fitting replacement shocks.

for trucks thinking of this sort of "final state", I really like the ICON option, as the rear shock design allows for more rear travel. I have seen the EXO guys FLOG the icon kit and it just keeps working.

Also, if Tom wayes is running Icon stuff and it took him a couple of years to break something, you know that it is tough. Tom is a very good, very fast, pretty much insane professional ultra4 racer.

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a couple companies making resistors to take the live valve shocks off. once that is done it is just a matter of fitting replacement shocks.

for trucks thinking of this sort of "final state", I really like the ICON option, as the rear shock design allows for more rear travel. I have seen the EXO guys FLOG the icon kit and it just keeps working.

Also, if Tom wayes is running Icon stuff and it took him a couple of years to break something, you know that it is tough. Tom is a very good, very fast, pretty much insane professional ultra4 racer.

Thank you for your time and knowledge