Suspension Needed to "Fill Out" ADV Fenders (2"Flare/2" Rise Front; 2.5" Flare/1" Rise Rear)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as a heads up the 8mm is not enough due to the Raptor hub length. This only matters if the wheels are hub centric. If the wheels have a larger bore it's not problem. For reference with hub centric wheels you need a 10mm front and 12mm rear and I'd definitely run ET style lugs.

I’ll get with y’all when it comes time to order my rims. I am set on 18x9 Fuel Zephyrs (non-beadlock) currently.

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll get with y’all when it comes time to order my rims. I am set on 18x9 Fuel Zephyrs (non-beadlock) currently.
Sounds like we have a very similar build. I have the Zephyrs as 17x9 at 01mm. Doesnt look good with the new glass, too recessed. I am actually considering going back to stock and getting Rogue Racing to put in their fender liner kit. Keeps OEM fenders, relocates the airbox and radiator overflow tank and puts in a new aluminium liner.

Tomt

Reaction score
If you want a little more functionality, and a little bit better looks, +2 fenders ( I personally like the SDHQ bits) and bedsides are the ticket. With an easy upgrade to Factory series 3.0s and some upper arms, coupled with some 0/0 wheels will put your stance perfect and is about as far as I'd go with a Gen2 if I had it to do over.

Trucks set up as I describe plus some deavers and a rear bump stop kit have been on both EXO runs that I've been on. The trucks do everything the built trucks do, just at a slower speed.

I would like to mention that I havent seen an unhappy "close to stock" raptor driver on any of the runs.

Plenty of built trucks have ended up on the trailer for some or all of the trips though.
arer SDHQ fenders actually ADV??? They look the same.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I installed SDHQ fenders. They dont have liners. Any idea what i can make work. Gen2. Th

I would use 1/8" ABS plastic sheets ( the big 36x 48 sheets that are sold for vacuum forming.)

You can get them on Amazon for about $70 + shipping for a 4 pack.

Get yourself a nice heat gun, a set of mig welding gloves, Some sheets of cardboard, a nice pair of sheet metal snips, a sharpie and some extra deodorant. ( you're gonna sweat.)

you have a couple choices.

Ditch the factory liners completely, or Use the inner contoured section of the factory liners and make extensions.

I treat liners as disposable because I cut them out when doing post-run maintenance for ease of access.

When I make new ones, some times I have the time and initiative to make them pretty, sometimes not.

you'll use the cardboard to make your patterns, then cut the plastic to size and use the heat gun to soften it and bend it into shape.

I usually use the super huge zip ties that you can get at home depot to secure them. ( that way they are easy to cut out on trail if I need to fix/access something) . I drill 1/2 inch holes in the corners of my pieces and zip tie them to the truck.

The first time that I did them, I was stupid and used tons and tons of pop rivets. Dont be stupid like me.

I also made an attempt to make the entire liner a singular piece. again, I'd recommend that you make them 2 or 3 pieces, or else it is going to take you a long time to get them perfect.

I do plan to make or have someone make aluminum liners with panel mounts or 1/4 turn fasteners for my truck, but not until I get a one-piece on it and I've settled on the kind of glass that I'll continue to run.