Suspension Needed to "Fill Out" ADV Fenders (2"Flare/2" Rise Front; 2.5" Flare/1" Rise Rear)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow it's crazy how fast mo
No offense taken. I know it’s a shame to not use these trucks to their full potential.

My Gen 1’s stock suspension was more than enough for me, so I know the Gen 2 will be leaps & bounds better...also, I’ll eventually upgrade to a better setup, but not initially due to the cost of everything else. $6k+ for new shocks is just not something I’d personally benefit from, but that sweet wideee look will keep me looking back at it everytime I walk away from it. [emoji23]

Hopefully I can come across a lightly used set down the road to take some of the $$$ load off. $6k is so much for some damn shocks...now if it were a supercharger, sure, but these aren’t 5.0’s so [emoji2375]. [emoji23]

Yeah I hear you. Its hard to justify 6K on new suspension when the stock is so capable. Gotta always do the walk and turn as you leave lol :)

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the fronts only or the bedsides as well? I figured labor & materials would put me around $3k total for fronts & bedsides painted to match.
Assuming the body shop can get it right, it will be around $3000-3500 for both fenders and bedsides when all said and done. It is my daily so additional cost of a rental on top of it. Certainly more time and $$ than I anticipated but no going back now

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
not even just a 5-10mm spacer? I wasn’t looking to do an inch or inch & a half spacer..half inch at the most if needed.
tiny spacers arent an issue, but they wont be hubcentric. I can say that 2" spacers are an absolute no-go, not sure what 1/2" would do, I'd have to model it.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tiny spacers arent an issue, but they wont be hubcentric. I can say that 2" spacers are an absolute no-go, not sure what 1/2" would do, I'd have to model it.

There’s 5-8 mm hub-centric spacers. I had some made for my SRT Jeep a few years back for the rim to clear the brake calipers...it was 5mm if I’m not mistaken. If I’m running a -12 offset rim & -20mm offset will get me flush with the fenders, then 8mm would be the max I’d go...but I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. 8mm is about 1/3 of an inch, so it honestly may not be noticeable. If I were to go over an inch, I’d use a wheel adapter of course for safety reasons, but I doubt I’d need anything over 1/2” to correct the track width. I may not even do spacers, do who knows.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big negative offset wheels are going to have the same effect on your geometry as wheel spacers. Your wheel bearings will suffer as well.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big negative offset wheels are going to have the same effect on your geometry as wheel spacers. Your wheel bearings will suffer as well.

-12 offset isn’t that big. I’ve had -35 offset rims before. I don’t keep vehicles longer than 2 years anyway, so I’m not worried about wheel bearings going out & if it happens, I can replace is.

The geometry though...well I’ll look into that to see how bad the truck will suffer, but if it only effects how it handles “offroading” (blanket statement) & doing what it’s meant to do, then I’m not worried. I won’t be pushing it to the max, so as long as it drives straight & plush on the interstate, I’ll be happy. I’ll most likely throw the RPG Bolt kit on to correct this later down the road. I appreciate the input.

royCfus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-12 offset isn’t that big. I’ve had -35 offset rims before. I don’t keep vehicles longer than 2 years anyway, so I’m not worried about wheel bearings going out & if it happens, I can replace is.

The geometry though...well I’ll look into that to see how bad the truck will suffer, but if it only effects how it handles “offroading” (blanket statement) & doing what it’s meant to do, then I’m not worried. I won’t be pushing it to the max, so as long as it drives straight & plush on the interstate, I’ll be happy. I’ll most likely throw the RPG Bolt kit on to correct this later down the road. I appreciate the input.
Do you plan on going long travel in the future? Long travel kits like the RPG Bolt will widen the stance making small spacers more appealing in the short term. Something to consider

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just placed a order for 18" Raze Black Rhinos -44 offset to go with the ADV +2 fenders... with 37" falken atw3

lets hope it all goes well lol.. i really have no idea what it would look like at this point.. stance wise or what other parts i need to make it work but its pretty much a city truck and road trips few times a year

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There’s 5-8 mm hub-centric spacers. I had some made for my SRT Jeep a few years back for the rim to clear the brake calipers...it was 5mm if I’m not mistaken. If I’m running a -12 offset rim & -20mm offset will get me flush with the fenders, then 8mm would be the max I’d go...but I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. 8mm is about 1/3 of an inch, so it honestly may not be noticeable. If I were to go over an inch, I’d use a wheel adapter of course for safety reasons, but I doubt I’d need anything over 1/2” to correct the track width. I may not even do spacers, do who knows.

Just as a heads up the 8mm is not enough due to the Raptor hub length. This only matters if the wheels are hub centric. If the wheels have a larger bore it's not problem. For reference with hub centric wheels you need a 10mm front and 12mm rear and I'd definitely run ET style lugs.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you plan on going long travel in the future? Long travel kits like the RPG Bolt will widen the stance making small spacers more appealing in the short term. Something to consider

Yes, initially “band-aiding” the issue, then going “budget” long travel if that’s even a thing. [emoji23] Whatever works as good as the stock suspension & increases the track width, I’m open to getting. No baja here.