Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Climbed under my truck and didn’t remove any skid plates or anything. I pushed on the front driveshaft where it exits the transfer case (the rear part of the front driveshaft). It makes a similar clunking sound as G3n Blue’s. Sorry for the crappy angle. I have a big head and didn’t have much room to get in there. About 1200 miles on my truck, for reference. I think this is what I’m hearing on slightly bumpy low speed sections of road, not the rear shocks.

View attachment FullSizeRender.mov

venomgen3

Reaction score
TSB coming soon?
Climbed under my truck and didn’t remove any skid plates or anything. I pushed on the front driveshaft where it exits the transfer case (the rear part of the front driveshaft). It makes a similar clunking sound as G3n Blue’s. Sorry for the crappy angle. I have a big head and didn’t have much room to get in there. About 1200 miles on my truck, for reference. I think this is what I’m hearing on slightly bumpy low speed sections of road, not the rear shocks.

View attachment 329211
Same sound as the previous video a few posts ago. Sounds like y’all figured it out.

G3n Blue

Reaction score
I had a shop (not ford) look at it and they said the amount of play was normal. If it becomes more of an issue, I’ll take it to ford; otherwise, I’m going to drive it to my heart’s content.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a shop (not ford) look at it and they said the amount of play was normal. If it becomes more of an issue, I’ll take it to ford; otherwise, I’m going to drive it to my heart’s content.
It's not the play that bothers everyone, it's the noise!
I surely don't want a clunky sounding Gen3, no matter what year my order gets filled.

Nice job in tracking it down everyone that did!