Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Finally able to get my clunking on video, but you will have listen to my 2 year old daughters choice of music. She gets what she wants when she wants. Especially at the begining of a 2 hour drive home. Truck sounds start at :15.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
were the issues eventually fixed?
Again, mechanical issues were not fixed in my model year and it wasn't unto after extended warranty that the one was so bad it had to be fixed, throttle body replaced, at my cost. They upgraded throttle body/trans the following year.
My Gen1 always had rattle/clunking noises going over bumps, learned to live with it, but nothing mechanicaly wrong.
Few other noises like a bolt in steering that have it steering wheel, they said they could not feel or hear anything wrong, but everyone else could.

Ryan33

Reaction score
Took my Gen 3 to my local dealer today. They claim they reached out to the FORD HOTLINE for tech support. They advised me that FORD stated that the "noises" and "vibration" that I'm experiencing is "NORMAL" due to the performance suspension that my vehicle is equipped with.

Not too happy but if enough people complain and take their Raptors in for this issue, hopefully FORD will address the problem.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my Gen 3 to my local dealer today. They claim they reached out to the FORD HOTLINE for tech support. They advised me that FORD stated that the "noises" and "vibration" that I'm experiencing is "NORMAL" due to the performance suspension that my vehicle is equipped with.

Not too happy but if enough people complain and take their Raptors in for this issue, hopefully FORD will address the problem.
That's what I was afraid of

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I measured the 4 corners of the truck because I noticed it listed down on the left side. Left rear is over 3/4 of an inch lower than the right rear. Measurements were taken on level pavement inside. Seems like a lot to me !

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I measured the 4 corners of the truck because I noticed it listed down on the left side. Left rear is over 3/4 of an inch lower than the right rear. Measurements were taken on level pavement inside. Seems like a lot to me !
How much fuel in the tank?