STOLEN - Silver Gen 2, Denver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Did you do a lock out after the work was done to pick up later? Did the dealership lock the keys in the truck for you?

I’m unaware of a lockout (im assuming it’s something similar to valet mode)? Can you explain more on that?

The dealer received no special instructions from me for pickup. Im actually out of state looking at wedding venues with my fiancé. I sure as hell didn’t tell the dealer my travel plans, and had a friend lined up to pick it up for me, today.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Lock out, meaning they locked the keys they used inside the truck. You use the app or spare key to unlock it and drive home.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Lock out, meaning they locked the keys they used inside the truck. You use the app or spare key to unlock it and drive home.
Gotcha. No sir, that was not discussed or requested for any previous repairs, or for this one. They’ve always had the key inside.

Dealer opens in 26min…..can’t wait.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where in thornton? i happen to live in thornton for the time being. an aftermarket alarm system with a gps tracker would help. its what i have on mine. ford pass is too easily bypassed.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s been recovered in Thornton. Two teenagers were filling it up for someone else.

I appreciate the quick response from a couple of you. Hopefully I can find out the rest of the story soon.

FYI, the cop said Cartels have been targeting Raptors in Denver much more heavily in the last few months. The trucks have been winding up in Juarez.

Along with the 10 additional GPS trackers that I’ll put on this truck, I’ll pack some C4 into the frame. Next time that an inside job at a dealership happens, I’ll be laughing on the other end of the joke with a big red button.
Glad you’ll be getting back in the ride. Maybe you could see if the D/A will agree to a plea for a conviction, no jail, full restitution for repairs.

wyomingraptor

Reaction score
Being a victim of auto theft I feel your anger and pain.
Nine years ago I stored some of my vehicles in a garage at some property I owned. Thankfully I was driving the raptor. My Chevy pu got stolen. Lots of body damage and really stunk up the interior. It was gone nearly a month. Turned up in downtown Denver. I picked it up from Denver impound and towed it home. Put it in my shop and found a bunch of hard drugs in it. County sheriff made a house call and took care of that. Denver police apparently don’t look in the stolen vehicles.
I held the insurance back on the payout until they made a reasonable payout. Fixed the truck up and still drive it often. I bought the truck new in 2002 and it is really a good rig. I drive it to DIA and when it looks like hail. Sometimes it’s the best rig to go shopping for old cars too.
Today I black out my address on the insurance and registration. I don’t need to tell the dirtbags where I live.
9 years later it still messes with my head some.
Good luck my friend.