STOLEN - Silver Gen 2, Denver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have it on both my Raptors.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Being a victim of auto theft I feel your anger and pain.
Nine years ago I stored some of my vehicles in a garage at some property I owned. Thankfully I was driving the raptor. My Chevy pu got stolen. Lots of body damage and really stunk up the interior. It was gone nearly a month. Turned up in downtown Denver. I picked it up from Denver impound and towed it home. Put it in my shop and found a bunch of hard drugs in it. County sheriff made a house call and took care of that. Denver police apparently don’t look in the stolen vehicles.
I held the insurance back on the payout until they made a reasonable payout. Fixed the truck up and still drive it often. I bought the truck new in 2002 and it is really a good rig. I drive it to DIA and when it looks like hail. Sometimes it’s the best rig to go shopping for old cars too.
Today I black out my address on the insurance and registration. I don’t need to tell the dirtbags where I live.
9 years later it still messes with my head some.
Good luck my friend.
Appreciate it. Karma is real, and there’s a special circle reserved in hell for these sons a bucks. Everything will catch up to them, sooner or later.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. At least this seems to be headed in the right direction for you. I wish I had some confidence that the scumbags would get justice, but the way things seem to be going these days, I doubt it.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Have it on both my Raptors.
This is legit. Appreciate the reference.

Mylife98

Reaction score
sorry to ear that.
as u said strange stealership!
I recently put 2 smart tag on each of my vehicle.
Now that's a stinking good idea. I AirTag my luggage when traveling, wallet, keys etc, why not my beloved truck? I guess because I thought I can always look up its location in Fordpass if needed.... unless thieves have disconnected that I guess from Sidetrack's experience. Now I just need the thieves to be an iPhone user and not an android user!

Mylife98

Reaction score
Lock out, meaning they locked the keys they used inside the truck. You use the app or spare key to unlock it and drive home.
I looked into this when I got my 2019 and as I understand it:
- place key inside vehicle (I hide mine in the door handgrab when out hiking etc)
- lock the vehicle by pressing the 0-9 and 8-7 on the external key pad
- unlock the vehicle via keypad code or FordPass

This always worried me as 'break glass, find key inside, drive off', but I though I read somewhere that if I lock the key inside, then the truck knows that key is locked inside and the key is made 'inactive/unable' to start the vehicle unless the vehicle is unlocked via another means (keypad, Fordpass, 2nd key). Obviously a little hard to test.... has anyone tested this or know if this is really 'true'?

wingrider75

Reaction score
On the older powerstrokes, you could pull a relay and disable the truck to where it would not start. Any way to do this easily on a Raptor?

mclark202

Reaction score
I looked into this when I got my 2019 and as I understand it:
- place key inside vehicle (I hide mine in the door handgrab when out hiking etc)
- lock the vehicle by pressing the 0-9 and 8-7 on the external key pad
- unlock the vehicle via keypad code or FordPass

This always worried me as 'break glass, find key inside, drive off', but I though I read somewhere that if I lock the key inside, then the truck knows that key is locked inside and the key is made 'inactive/unable' to start the vehicle unless the vehicle is unlocked via another means (keypad, Fordpass, 2nd key). Obviously a little hard to test.... has anyone tested this or know if this is really 'true'?
Shouldn’t be hard to test. Do what you said with someone staying inside the truck. Then see if they can start the truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

We don’t need to test this, you leave the key inside the truck and it is 100% able to be stolen by just pressing the start button.

We had an FRF lose their truck like this, literally coming back from buying it. I think their wife left spares in the truck, someone got in, hit start and left.

You could remove the batteries from the remote and hide the key. Then you would need to remove the cup hold bottom tray, insert the key into the slot in the front cup holder to start the truck.