STOLEN - Silver Gen 2, Denver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
For the security that ford sync provides, it’s worthless if a person has the key. I thought they may have replaced the BCM or something. I found out Saturday morning that the key was taken from the Dealer’s lockbox. No forced entry into the truck. Once the *******£££££~~><#%^€!><< thief started it, it was as simple as hitting reset in the sync settings. Sweet

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
On the older powerstrokes, you could pull a relay and disable the truck to where it would not start. Any way to do this easily on a Raptor?
If you know how to jump the relay, no key needed! Old farm boy trick. Even if it’s been removed…

My parents have kill switches hidden just in case someone know the relay cheat code.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked into this when I got my 2019 and as I understand it:
- place key inside vehicle (I hide mine in the door handgrab when out hiking etc)
- lock the vehicle by pressing the 0-9 and 8-7 on the external key pad
- unlock the vehicle via keypad code or FordPass

This always worried me as 'break glass, find key inside, drive off', but I though I read somewhere that if I lock the key inside, then the truck knows that key is locked inside and the key is made 'inactive/unable' to start the vehicle unless the vehicle is unlocked via another means (keypad, Fordpass, 2nd key). Obviously a little hard to test.... has anyone tested this or know if this is really 'true'?
I have an extra fob and Relvco placed inside the center council vault. The battery in the fob is removed and inside the vault as well.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's a stinking good idea. I AirTag my luggage when traveling, wallet, keys etc, why not my beloved truck? I guess because I thought I can always look up its location in Fordpass if needed.... unless thieves have disconnected that I guess from Sidetrack's experience. Now I just need the thieves to be an iPhone user and not an android user!

I think it would be better if they were an Android user. iPhones alert you if an unknown airtag is traveling with you. Androids do not. It’s not like they are gonna be hanging out somewhere that no iPhone ever comes within comms range of the AirTag.

I bought my girlfriend an AirTag for her dog’s collar. Every time I walk him, I get a notification that I’m being tracked. Gives me options to find it and maybe disable it (?) along with showing what locations she could see. Really sucks. This is why I returned a bunch of my AirTags.

I used to have a tracker for my dog that was cell phone based for like $8/month. Might stick one of these in my Vehicles

Thatblackraptor

Reaction score
Are you in the Colorado Ford Raptors Owner group? There have been a few posts about stolen trucks, especially at DIA. If you park at the airport, almost a guarantee your truck will be gone when you return.

I have the Cobb Accessport and there's an anti-theft tune you can flash. I think it prevents the injectors from running but the truck won't go anywhere. I flash the tune when I'm near Denver and my wife puts the Accessport in her purse while we do what we're doing.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can't lock keys in a vehicle with keyless entry. Also removing batteries and relays is moot because car thieves are bringing those parts with them to steal cars.

stonecrusher

Reaction score
If you want to lock your fob in your truck you will at a minimum need a console gun safe and you need to make a 5 cent key fob faraday case. I made one with aluminum foil and parchment paper. Lay the foil and paper flat and start folding until you have a few layers and get creative to make a sealed bag. Then use some shipping tape to keep it stable. Do some experimenting to see how different closures affect it’s ability to block signals. I also use the cheap faraday bags from Amazon as an added layer over my homemade bag. Double bagged and good to go. I use this everyday when I go surfing.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Impound release paperwork went through this morning. I stopped by to remove my personal items before the tow truck takes it back to the dealer. I found a second set of Raptor keys found inside with a service tag. PM me if you're the owner of a lost set of keys. The service tag was a little different, so I think the keys may have been jacked from another dealership.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Are you in the Colorado Ford Raptors Owner group? There have been a few posts about stolen trucks, especially at DIA. If you park at the airport, almost a guarantee your truck will be gone when you return.

I have the Cobb Accessport and there's an anti-theft tune you can flash. I think it prevents the injectors from running but the truck won't go anywhere. I flash the tune when I'm near Denver and my wife puts the Accessport in her purse while we do what we're doing.
No sir, I'm not a member. Time is precious, and with my work schedule, I don't have alot of time to spare. I've been a lurker for the past several years, and haven't taken the time to reach out or really contribute to the forum. That said, there's been alot of great info on here, and I greatly appreciate being able to learn from all you fine human beings.