BUYER BEWARE: 1FTFW1RG8NFC42439

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually don’t take to this measure but what I experienced today at Empire Mazda of Huntington NY was next level.

I walked into the dealership to close the deal on a used 2022 Orange Raptor, advertised with 1321 miles on their website and with ok pricing of $77k.

The CARFAX stated the vehicle was “stolen” at 1319 miles and then repossessed and returned to the dealer at 1321 miles. This obviously had me wary but a phone call yielded the story that “they had it in storage inventory” and “simply lost track on it but then immediately rescinded the police report.”

I arrive at the dealership to look at the car, get in and, just wow:
- The entire below-screen area was ripped out forcefully with cables and green motherboards showing.
- the mileage on the vehicle stated close to 4000 miles.

No one should be surprised that dealers lie so hard, but the level of stupidity of the lie and then presenting the car in this unfixed condition is next level.

I am posting it here with the VIN number to make future buyers beware of this particular vehicle. I am assuming 2000 hard-driven miles as a stolen car and severe interior damage.

IMG_0780.png

Last edited:

OKflyswatter

Reaction score
So you settled for $75k after some shrewd negotiating? Man, people suck. Thanks for trying to help out a potential buyer. I've never encountered this level of blatant trickery, but I've been talked down to several times when I kicked tires in sweat pants and a tee shirt. Who needs to invite people and business dealings like that into their life?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agent orange lol. Most any dealership in NY are scumbags. I remember driving to long island only to be bait and switched on a motorcycle at a KtM dealer.

Last edited:

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North star ford of duluth, MN have a code orange listed on their website for 1k under sticker. Brand new truck. No clue how they are to deal with, but I was checking it out. Might be worth a look. They also have an azure gray and black advertised at msrp.