STOLEN - Silver Gen 2, Denver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Wow, didn't think they'd be able to sell it. Always assumed it would be sent to auction.

If anyone that's interested happens to stumble on this thread.......

It'll be a good truck for someone, and they can probably muscle the dealer down on price due to the carfax still showing the theft/recovery. Fresh shock rebuilds at 115,000 w/ Deaver +3HD and Geiser +3 done at the same time. Installed the FMIC at 94,000 miles w/ Cobb Stage 2 tune, new motocraft spark plugs gapped at 0.25. I took the tune off the truck, but everything else stayed on it. The truck should also have a new transfer case (never got a chance to verify the 4x4 was fixed). Phaser recall performed at 118,000 miles. Just before the phasers, I took care of some bigger service items like the fuel system cleaning, tranny fluid changed, diff fluids changed, and refreshed the AC system. There's sound deadening mat (70mil i think) behind all 4 doors. Jimmy Jammers on all 4 doors w/ the lock cylinder delete on the drivers side door. Never had any issues with the sun roof. Tires are still 60-70% (load range E, Cooper 35s, 50k or 60k mile warranty that won't transfer). The truck should also have a new windshield by now. I was going to put on some billet SVC UCAs and needed the offset close to 0; hadn't decided on rims yet so I put on 1.25" BORA spacers all the way around. The billet UCAs never made it on the truck.

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That said, the current GM is honest and is walking the walk to get his business back on track. I have respect for these guys are thrown into a situation that they didn't create or ask for. However......based on my co-worker's experience, the dealer isn't directly divulging any info on key thefts to other vehicle owners upfront, but instead seem to be saying that keys were simply "lost." Honestly, they may not know how many keys were stolen or if a couple sets of keys were simply lost. As a heads up, if you had anything funky happen recently at said dealer, it's on you and you alone to bring this issue up with them. Based on each individual situation, and assuming you were affected in a similar way, they will make it right, but not until you bring it up and force the issue.

Based on the last half of that paragraph, you clearly have a different definition of "honesty" than I do. Failing to be up-front, fully disclose, and own the issues, is not "honesty." Perhaps better said, he is less of a slime ball that you were expecting - but far from honest.

Glad things worked out for you and they made it right.

OP
OP
S

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Based on the last half of that paragraph, you clearly have a different definition of "honesty" than I do. Failing to be up-front, fully disclose, and own the issues, is not "honesty." Perhaps better said, he is less of a slime ball that you were expecting - but far from honest.

Glad things worked out for you and they made it right.
I didn't want to completely railroad all of the employees, while also implying that people should be careful. Since my cute attempt at a politically correct generalization failed, you're 100% correct; "honest" is the incorrect term to use. The truth comes out only if/when issues are forced. Misrepresentation and deceptive practices are better suited terminology for the situation, and are a polite way of saying "fraud". Everything feels greasy at that place, but I carry a strong bias, at this point.

Overall, something can still be said about their attempt to get things on track. Employees that didn't have a part of this are being affected negatively, but if the dealer can't right the ship and weed out the bad apples, I'd rather see it's doors close forever. Doing business is creating victims out of everyday people. I'm counting on the cops to help this along, too, but fear that they will ultimately view accountability differently than you or I (Criminal vs. Civil).