Spy shots with no camouflage…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would have been a nice touch to do 4 grill lights to indicate the extra cylinders (like Buick used to do with the hood portholes).

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The article says the exhaust tips are bigger? Not sure about that. I have to believe there’s more to the appearance of the R than a badge on the grill. I thought at least a unique hood. Ford really should have saved the 37” package for the R.
Strongly disagree. I love my 37 with the 3.5EB and the near 600 mile range on a full tank.

I think, if anything, the “R” would be better suited to a more street oriented, lower setup to compete with the TRX.

The power of the “R” won’t make it better off-road in 99.9% of scenarios. Mostly bragging rights, IMO.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Ox3721, post: 1784751, member:

The power of the “R” won’t make it better off-road in 99.9% of scenarios. Mostly bragging rights, IMO.
[/QUOTE]

It will make it fun driving to and from work. Off road your horsepower is adjustable by your right foot. I'm sure you can adjust your right foot for 300 hp 99 percent of the time.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Ox3721, post: 1784751, member:

It will make it fun driving to and from work. Off road your horsepower is adjustable by your right foot. I'm sure you can adjust your right foot for 300 hp 99 percent of the time.
[/QUOTE]
That’s a reasonable point of view, but I still think having more power and 200+ more lbs under the hood will have a net negative effect on drivability.

I base the above on my assumption that the rest of the truck will be the same as the “standard” Raptors.

If Ford somehow finds a way to keep the curb weight about the same, adds full-time 4x4, a 40+ gal fuel tank, DCT and a slightly lower, firmer suspension calibration with increased payload and towing, they would have a true TRX killer.

Until that happens, I will maintain that the “standard” Raptor will be the superior vehicle for it’s intended application.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm down for a V8 raptor but realistically, Your gonna mess some stuff up with that kinda power unless you get alot more suspension work done. Thats assuming you mob that shit offroad!

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor is an all around better truck to the TRX, with the interior being an exception to the majority (I have nothing to complain about the G2 interior, and certainly not the G3) but we can all admit that there’s a 12 year old in all of us that is drawn to a S/C V8 making over 700hp.

It’s embarrassing to compare the 3.5 V6 to the TRX motor. With that said, this is what the R will hopefully solve for the select few who manage to sexually please their local Ford dealership owner and/or the GM (likely both)

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
i would expect something to look much different on the outside of the truck to make it insanely special, but if its not ordering a regular raptor will be that much easier to do when i know this thing will not be practical but EXTREMELY tempting
Most likely every single time at the gas pump will be feeling insanely special having 2 extra holes in the engine. My heavy foot has a slightly less than 12 mpg effect on my Gen 2… I wonder what is the actual mpg for the ARRRgh…