Possible Raptor R Spy pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s because they’ve become a status symbol like everything else unfortunately. But going fast on dirt was, and still is, the primary purpose of the Raptor from an engineering standpoint.
But in reality very few people have the time, money and desire to go ripping it up off road in their brand new truck. If you don't have all three of those things in abundance, it's simply not happening.

It's not just a status symbol either. It's wonderful vehicle to drive on the crappy roads found in every major city and the surrounding counties and townships. It can also do every thing else a normal F150 can do, minus some of the payload capacity.

If you don't need to haul around more than a half ton of stuff, trading reduced load carrying capacity for a softer suspension is an easy trade to make. I'm sure as hell not dropping 3000 lbs of gravel in my truck. It's a bitch to get out of the bed. I'll have a gravel truck deliver it if the need ever arises.

Throw in the fact that Raptors have no chrome, look better, and are faster than most other F150s and it's obvious why they have had ADMs since they first model came out in 2010. It's not because they are littering the desert tearing around at 85 MPH or because guys are using them to measure their penises. I've seen quite a few female Raptors drivers around here.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But in reality very few people have the time, money and desire to go ripping it up off road in their brand new truck. If you don't have all three of those things in abundance, it's simply not happening.

It's not just a status symbol either. It's wonderful vehicle to drive on the crappy roads found in every major city and the surrounding counties and townships. It can also do every thing else a normal F150 can do, minus some of the payload capacity.

If you don't need to haul around more than a half ton of stuff, trading reduced load carrying capacity for a softer suspension is an easy trade to make. I'm sure as hell not dropping 3000 lbs of gravel in my truck. It's a bitch to get out of the bed. I'll have a gravel truck deliver it if the need ever arises.

Throw in the fact that Raptors have no chrome, look better, and are faster than most other F150s and it's obvious why they have had ADMs since they first model came out in 2010. It's not because they are littering the desert tearing around at 85 MPH or because guys are using them to measure their penises. I've seen quite a few female Raptors drivers around here.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. The Raptors purpose built Baja suspension is what lends itself to be great on road too. It has power and durability engineered into it to suit its purpose, moving fast through the desert for hours on end. I’m not saying they should gut the interior and build a race truck, but they should stay true to the purpose of its design, to me that’s what makes specialty vehicles so desirable.

How many of these gt3’s and gt3rs’s running around SoCal are competing on race tracks regularly? I’d say 1% at most, but it’s the design for a specific purpose that makes it so cool and desirable.

If they made a 700hp raptor with suspension upgrades to match, so that it can go faster than the regular raptor in the environment it’s designed for, I’d be all for it.

Porsche doesn’t design the gt3 and gt3rs to go 0-60 as fast as possible, they design it to lap a road course as fast as possible, every other performance metric is a byproduct of that.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the V8 Gen 3 Raptor was code named "Carnivore" during development. It's printed on the sheet next to the engine.

So- why not just turn up the V6 to make 750+ HP?
The S/C 5.2 is pushing close to 150 HP per liter which is flirting with being off the scale for reliability and driveability.

The 3.5 EB isn’t very far behind at nearly 130, which is what I would consider the sweet spot.

It can be pushed to over 180, like the GT but that’s a hand built supercar engine.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh dirt roads are a sign of millenial and woke peeps wanting the towns ti be where they can go to a chitty craft beer place, an overpriced boootike and a $100 steak place that offers $30 cocktails

Fick those places and people

I can cook so much better on my grill or in my kitchen
:favorites13:

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The S/C 5.2 is pushing close to 150 HP per liter which is flirting with being off the scale for reliability and driveability.

The 3.5 EB isn’t very far behind at nearly 130, which is what I would consider the sweet spot.

It can be pushed to over 180, like the GT but that’s a hand built supercar engine.
Pandoras box about to ooen up for a 6.2 S/C

Pushin 600

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The leaked photo posted on here doesn’t have the same plaque on it where the builders sign it like on the GT500.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd keep my Raptor and then just buy the GT500....you'll never use all of that power in the desert, but you'll definitely win in the d^%$ swinging contest.
Exactly. That or lots of suspension upgrades.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There has got to be someone with one of these already in their garage.

O_O. Is Ken still sponsored by Ford?