R Update for 2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asg0524

Reaction score
The graphics are absolutely awful. I know there are always debates on here about decals or no decals. I’m personally all for it if they look good, I think I’m going to keep the decals on my 23 as they grew on me, but the layout on the 24 looks like a complete mess. It’s to the point where I feel like they are probably laughing when they put them on.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In general I think the update is a lateral move. I don't care for the headlights or tail lights. The new front bumper is arguably better, suspension is better, front grill I'm impartial about, the interior is very subtly different. Not sure if I like the red fade in the seats. Overall I'm keeping my R in Azure Gray. Having the color I want tops anything else, especially because they no longer offer it. It's a one year color in a one year body style for a very rare model. Feeling pretty good that I have it.

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In general I think the update is a lateral move. I don't care for the headlights or tail lights. The new front bumper is arguably better, suspension is better, front grill I'm impartial about, the interior is very subtly different. Not sure if I like the red fade in the seats. Overall I'm keeping my R in Azure Gray. Having the color I want tops anything else, especially because they no longer offer it. It's a one year color in a one year body style for a very rare model. Feeling pretty good that I have it.

Good decision. If I had the current R, I would keep it. To me, most of the new aesthetic changes are a step down (headlights, taillights, grill, wheels, graphics, seats). The bumper change seem like an ok move but I have to see it in person to commit. The only two things worth digging into is the dual valve shocks and the more power for the R. But honestly, we're probably looking at something like 10-20 HP. On a 700 HP truck, 10-20 HP is not going to move the needle.

Could I live with those changes? Sure. But I sure wouldn't pay any ADM for it. I'm still on the lookout for a current R. ;)

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kinda dont care how theyre trying to make the raptor the highest trim in everything. Crazy to think the gen 2 base was 50k ish in 2019.
Was nice having the option to get a "base" model just to get the offroading performance.

Also weird decision gutting out the 35 package out of anything and gouging people on the graphics now. Seems dumb as hell
Everyone is going the Hyundai route, no more optioning out your vehicle, pick a package and a paint color. Legitimately the only non dealer installed options are the pano roof and decals (and orange beauty rings for the R). I'm flabbergasted that the only way to get beadlock wheels now is either with a 37PP or R truck. Kind of absurd that you can't select individual options on a $110k truck :(

I did notice they've changed their trim level nomenclature again (or may this isn't new and I just noticed it), base/35 is 801A, 37PP is 802A, and R is 803A.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to keep value you should all dump your 2023 trucks if you can get a 2024. The 2023 will drop like a Rock in 6 months. Ford’s going to make more 24a which will be more reliable, faster with better fit and finish. Looks are subjective but history shows that new designs are often polarizing for the first year but with few exceptions, new wins out.

The used market will look at the 23 as the beta. Don’t fool yourself that it will be a favorable thing. Almost all manufacturers have had this issues with first year releases (I can think of Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW) as examples and those cars are complete duds or “red flags” on the used market.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to keep value you should all dump your 2023 trucks if you can get a 2024. The 2023 will drop like a Rock in 6 months. Ford’s going to make more 24a which will be more reliable, faster with better fit and finish. Looks are subjective but history shows that new designs are often polarizing for the first year but with few exceptions, new wins out.

The used market will look at the 23 as the beta. Don’t fool yourself that it will be a favorable thing. Almost all manufacturers have had this issues with first year releases (I can think of Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW) as examples and those cars are complete duds or “red flags” on the used market.
People are still buying gen 2s without cam phaser fix for a fair penny.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If anything 'drops like a rock' it'll be that emasculated garbage you bought in that Lighting virtue signaling sh*tbox. You wear a mask in it while you're driving it, alone? :lol2:

At worst I'll be able to sell my R (I bought at sticker) for $10K less in five years and 60K miles. The fit/finish is going to be the same in the new ones as it has been for all the generations of Raptors. This is an American product made in Detroit by resentful union workers that only work as hard as the guy next to them. Ford's claim that they're using less parts going forward means that they'll produce them faster, not necessarily better.

asg0524

Reaction score
If anything 'drops like a rock' it'll be that emasculated garbage you bought in that Lighting virtue signaling sh*tbox :lol2:

At worst I'll be able to sell my R (I bought at sticker) for $10K less in five years and 60K miles. The fit/finish is going to be the same in the new ones as it has been for all the generations of Raptors. This is an American product made in Detroit by resentful union workers that only work as hard as the guy next to them. Ford's claim that they're using less parts going forward means that they'll produce them faster, not necessarily better.
I love all the people on here telling people to dump/sell their MY23. Likely because they wanna buy em. 1694701077578.gif

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score

THIS IS 100000% ACCURATE 23’s Will be the least desirable. you are delusional if you think they will.. also when colors are disscontinued that’s not usually a good thing as they were not popular. it’s a f150 not a exotic