2024 Tail lights on 2021-2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hanj0208

Reaction score
Drives me nuts that the tail lights just don’t even line up with the tailgate appliqué on the 2024. Like it wasn’t even a thought. Whereas the lines with the 21-23 run into the tail light.

View attachment 449480
View attachment 449481
You're correct. It appears that the white part of the tail doesn't align with the tailgate panel, and from the original poster's picture, it's evident that the body line matches the tail. It seems that they may not have taken the raptor tailgate panel into account during the development phase.

Attachments

• IMG_3086.jpeg
    IMG_3086.jpeg
    260.1 KB · Views: 25

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had to replace my left rear tail light because of a crack letting water in. I was told only two models of F-150 (Raptor and Platinum) share that light setup and that they are LED where other 150's are bulb. That resulted in them being considerably more expensive.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drives me nuts that the tail lights just don’t even line up with the tailgate appliqué on the 2024. Like it wasn’t even a thought. Whereas the lines with the 21-23 run into the tail light.

View attachment 449480
View attachment 449481
I’ve seen them in person and think the 24 tails look much better in person than pictures, but the headlights still aren’t growing on me.

Doesn’t change the fact that when the development team had a clean sheet design to work with in the Gen 3/Gen 14 F150, they landed on the 21-23 grill and lights as the most complementary design to the newly redesigned body. In my opinion when they make a second pass just for the sake of “change” and “refresh” it never looks as good as it’s not cohesive with the original design. The 24 changes look more like an afterthought than an organic implementation of the original design.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
You're correct. It appears that the white part of the tail doesn't align with the tailgate panel, and from the original poster's picture, it's evident that the body line matches the tail. It seems that they may not have taken the raptor tailgate panel into account during the development phase.
Most likely because these tail lights will go on other versions of the F-150, not just the Raptor. That said, I don't like them. I wouldn't go as far as Kia though. Maybe Hyundai.