2024 Tailgate panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hanj0208

Reaction score
Hello. I currently own a 2023 model and after seeing the new 2024 model, I want to change a few parts to upgrade the look. I know some of you may not like the idea, but changing a few parts can give the car a different appearance. After doing some research, I am considering upgrading the tail lights and tailgate panel. It seems like someone on the F150 forum has already done the tail light conversion and it looks awesome. I have found the parts for the panel, but I want to ensure that I have found the correct ones. $1500 for a plastic panel seems outrageous. I was expecting it to cost a few hundred dollars, not $1500. Are you kidding me?

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/e...uter-p-nl3z99425a34ab?pdp=y#/collapseRelated6

Here is the new tail on 2021 - 2023 model.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2024-oem-f150-led-tail-lights-on-a-21-23.23001/#post-439484

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, by my truck with the fancy plastic has the flatter tailgate with no tapers. My truck with the normal tailgate is actually tapered do plastic wouldn’t fit right. Like I said, I could be wrong.

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did no research. I just looked at both trucks. They’re both dirty so it’s hard to tell 100%. The one without plastic has Ford stamped or manufactured with f-150 inward. That might be so the plastic can go right over the top. Let me know how it goes.

OP
OP
H

hanj0208

Reaction score
I did no research. I just looked at both trucks. They’re both dirty so it’s hard to tell 100%. The one without plastic has Ford stamped or manufactured with f-150 inward. That might be so the plastic can go right over the top. Let me know how it goes.
Yeah.. I am going to call ford dealerships around to get a real quote. The interesting part is that CF tailgate panel sold by Ford cost $1600-$1700. WTF? why would anyone pay $1500 for regular cheap plastic panel for that much??

Link to CF parts