Shock Damage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdanz

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new Raptor. I currently have a F250 sd 6.0L diesel. My biggest issue is that I have to tow my 9,000LB (empty) WWFS2600 "bumper pull" toy hauler to Glamis, CA twice a year, (once at the beginning of the season and once at the end to bring it home). As soon as I get it out there, I will just tow it from the storage unit to accross the street to the Washes when I arrive. I've heard some people talking about damaging the rear shocks with too heavy of a load. Is this really an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it either. I had the same trailer and it has a lot of tongue weight. WAAAY more than a Raptor is designed to handle.
At the risk of a thread hijack- keep the front corners of your roof sealed or you will have leaks that you won't see until it's too late.
Oops, -trailer roof. WW got a little skimpy with the roof material & doesnt have a much overlap onto the sheetmetal front radius.

Last edited:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it either. I had the same trailer and it has a lot of tongue weight. WAAAY more than a Raptor is designed to handle.
At the risk of a thread hijack- keep the front corners of your roof sealed or you will have leaks that you won't see until it's too late.

wtf roof leaks!!! If you've got some issues please let me know and we"ll start a thread about it. I'm no Ford Tech, but I do deal with weatherproofing on a daily basis.
The ex's 2008 Grand Cherokee leaked after 6 months - a solid stream of water would run down the inside of the windshield frame in a heavy rain. Winshield to frame seal was faulty.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wtf roof leaks!!! If you've got some issues please let me know and we"ll start a thread about it. I'm no Ford Tech, but I do deal with weatherproofing on a daily basis.
The ex's 2008 Grand Cherokee leaked after 6 months - a solid stream of water would run down the inside of the windshield frame in a heavy rain. Winshield to frame seal was faulty.

I think he's talking about the trailer roof leaking??

9,000LB (empty) WWFS2600 "bumper pull" toy hauler to Glamis, CA twice a year

Today 04:05 PM

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about trailers, anyone know the trailer hitch weight limit?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may want to check with SDHQ. I believe they were working on an air bag setup for the rear.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is talking about trailers, anyone know the trailer hitch weight limit?

The hitch itself carries a weight rating of 500 pounds with a standard hitch or 1,130 with a weight distributing hitch. We are developing an air bag set-up for these trucks, we actually just got our first batch back from powdercoat yesterday. I will PM you some pics of that set-up.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I decide to just put them on here so that everyone could see them.

DSC03552.jpg
DSC03555.jpg

The way this system is constructed is similar to a reverse traction bar. It works off a pivot at the axle side and a shackle mounted at the hitch. The reason we went with this design was to maximize wheel travel while still maintaining proper operation for the air bags.