Serious Question: How do you reach the middle of the windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any issue cleaning big dead bugs off with it. If you are using a polisher that's different. I have set up a 6' ladder next to the front wheel. Stand on the ladder and the tire works also. My truck has 37s so I use a ladder often. Also a 4' painter bench too.

View attachment 413954
I use the exact same stand work great. I use it on all of our car when washing.

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have really long arms. I’m 5’10” and I just stand on the wheel, slightly holding onto the roof with one hand, and washing with the other hand. I think I’ve also done it standing on the door sill. Just make sure you have a good grip, or you’ll be able to wash the window from the inside.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just open the door and stand on the sill plate. I am 6ft with arms like an ape though. It’s also the only way I can hand wash the roof completely. I use a small stool to wash, wax, detail to center of hood. White is good… and bad… that you have to wash every square inch.
This, exactly for me, except I never hand wash roof, or wax, or "detail". It is a truck, kids.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
This, exactly for me, except I never hand wash roof, or wax, or "detail". It is a truck, kids.
True. I joined a local unlimited car wash. Previously I only washed maybe twice a year, but I figured that during the summer...... and I've been doing a LOT more off-roading lately.

Last two times I went to the car wash they tire-shined my tires. :mad: Forgot before I went the second time. Now, I'm going to have to put a post-it note inside to remind myself to tell them NO TIRE SHINE for the next time.

Now I look like some poser rolling down the street on 37's with a sparkly clean truck like some sort of........Bunman! :D

tinman44

Reaction score
True. I joined a local unlimited car wash. Previously I only washed maybe twice a year, but I figured that during the summer...... and I've been doing a LOT more off-roading lately.

Last two times I went to the car wash they tire-shined my tires. :mad: Forgot before I went the second time. Now, I'm going to have to put a post-it note inside to remind myself to tell them NO TIRE SHINE for the next time.

Now I look like some poser rolling down the street on 37's with a sparkly clean truck like some sort of........Bunman! :D
Your raptor fits in a car wash?