Serious Question: How do you reach the middle of the windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m4torapt

Reaction score
As funny as this question probably sounds to a lot of you, I haven't had a truck this big before (37PP Gen 3), and I'm wondering how do you all reach the center of the windshield to clean/polish it?

I can reach the sides of course by standing on the front tire, but still cant really reach the middle.

I'm hesitant to and don't want to crawl on the hood and risk denting it, so curious how you guys do it.

I should also note I'm over 6 foot so height not the issue, lol

Thanks!

IamNomad

Reaction score
You are right its a problem.

I'm only 5 foot 7 inches with short arms. By putting my right foot on the assist step and grabbing on to the back edge of the hood area with my left hand, I can reach most of the driver side windshield with my right hand and a sponge. Repeat on the other side although the antennae is a bit in the way. This works in a pinch if it's not raining or snowing.

I also carry a collapse-able 2 foot tall step stool in the bed for when I need to do a better job.

I have a squeegee with an extension pole for drying it off. I'm going to buy a wash head for the pole as well but will probably still need the step stool to be able to get the correct angle to apply any force to the windshield.

OP
OP
M

m4torapt

Reaction score
These are great, but hard to get as much pressure/elbow grease on the window as using your hand.

OP
OP
M

m4torapt

Reaction score
I haven't had any issue cleaning big dead bugs off with it. If you are using a polisher that's different. I have set up a 6' ladder next to the front wheel. Stand on the ladder and the tire works also. My truck has 37s so I use a ladder often. Also a 4' painter bench too.

View attachment 413954
Time to get the ladder/bench myself!

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just open the door and stand on the sill plate. I am 6ft with arms like an ape though. It’s also the only way I can hand wash the roof completely. I use a small stool to wash, wax, detail to center of hood. White is good… and bad… that you have to wash every square inch.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score