Screw or Scab??? help fast!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Four doors for ******! If your single.
The weight difference is less the two big guys. You get a huge fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went supercab as I feel a raptor is not a people hauler. Kinda like buying a GT mustang and expecting people to ride in the backseat. I already have a crewcab F350 so if I need to haul 6 people I drive that. I wanted the advantages of the shorter wheelbase offroad, lighter weight(not only curb weight of the truck but also added weight of passengers) and the more unique look of the scab over the screw. At least in my area all I see are screws on the road and it really just looks like a beefed up F150 IMO., The scabs stand out from the crowd a little better. Not to mention the scab fits in my garage where the screw would never fit. The 26gal tank on the scab is kinda a negative but not enough to make me want a screw.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really it all comes down to personal preference, they are both awesome in their own ways. Everyone is going to debate which is better based on what they own anyway.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have a wife and 2 kids in car seats, and we fit just fine in the Scab. Anything that doesn't fit goes in the bed. Have you sat in the back seat of a Screw? I'm 6'2" and feel small back there - literally a foot between my knees and the front seat. If you're planning on hulk hogan size kids, are car pooling a "work crew", or are a rancher you will need the Screw. You should probably just get which ever one appeals to you and the details will sort themselves out along the way. Scabs are faster... Especially black ones!
This is my experience as well. I have had both rear and forward facing car seats in the back with zero problems. That being said, my wife and I are under 6'. If you are BigJ sized, then you may want the extra room

One other thing to keep in mind is the type of wheeling you expect to do. I have been in a several spots where if my truck would have been an extra 10" long, I would have been stuck or jammed up.

dmarriott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Longer is always better! Rides better on and off road, tows better, back set works much better for kid or making kids + and you can haul freind around. Now if our WSI with no friend or can't find anyone that would want to marry him go short cab. But for this married guy with kids anytime any place WSI. Ring, Mat, racing with or with out motors 7 days a week but youll be looking for the # of the truck that just passed.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Longer is always better! Rides better on and off road, tows better, back set works much better for kid or making kids + and you can haul freind around. Now if our WSI with no friend or can't find anyone that would want to marry him go short cab. But for this married guy with kids anytime any place WSI. Ring, Mat, racing with or with out motors 7 days a week but youll be looking for the # of the truck that just passed.

Longer isn't always better, its how you work it!

You'll fly by me? Not likely, you'll have your wife in the passenger seat, screaming "slow down!" Kids will be crying, cheerios flying everywhere, plus you got a bigger back seat to clean now, man your all screwed up. Also, you got all that extra fuel to haul around and that 10" of triple reinforced roof, kids toys, wifes purse, all the mickey mouse sing along cds. Minivans aren't meant to go that fast, slow down , your a settled man, start calling you old timer! Haha!

And your Rebuttal? Wait your probably cleaning the kids peanut butter and jelly sandwiches off the windows, I'll give you a minute...