Screw or Scab??? help fast!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL! My voices are pushing me towards the SCAB right now because of the wheelbase advantage in some of the trails in my area and quite frankly I can order a couple months earlier with the cheaper cost. A SCAB Raptor with the luxury pkg and cameras can be had for $45 and change at one of our "Invoice" dealers.

SCAB all the way! Don't let your wife hold the checkbook on this purchase! You won't regret the handling, easier access to trails via tighter turning, AND I NEVER heard of bent frames until the 4-doors come out ("high center")
Scabs are faster/sportier/more respectful On the "Special Vehicle Team", less weight when tank is full, and u can still be able to watch your electronic mileage calculator without kicking yourself in the *** each day. Lol
I like seeing my 12.3 mileage in town versus 11, ect..... NOT TO MENTION EASE OF PARKING. just get a weather proof bed cover and you'll have all the room u need. I have employees that jump in the back and we just pull up the seat A HAIR. That's with a 280pound fella (2) give or take.
If I NEEDED a 4-door, it would be a more proportioned, economy FX4 ecoboost. bc then I wouldn't be using the raptor as a raptor instead a hauler. One day you'll thank us Scab owners for pushing u into a scab, in the next year every platinum owner in town will be driving a 4-door Pre year models for a better deal. ;)

Last edited:

Moridin

Reaction score
My previous F150 was a scab, and while I love the somewhat sportier look of them... I dreaded using the clam-shell rear doors. Unless I was lucky and nobody parked on either side of me, they were a pain in the ass. No kids or anything, but just general stuff. Luggage, groceries, odds and ends...

After a few months with my screw Raptor, I'm loving the regular back doors every time I use them. Passengers definitely do, too. And it still looks amazing even though, yes... I like the Raptor scab look a little bit better.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I've owned a '92 SCAB then a '01 SCREW. So when I went to a Raptor I went SCREW. Loving the room in the back, and the four doors is what I had become accustom to. However the SCREW doesn't fit in the garage. Does this mean I regret not getting a SCAB? No, it just means I need a bigger garage. Bottom line, both are nice, it's just a matter of taste.

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the scab looks propotionally correct plus it's lighter. My kids grew up with a 99 F150 scab that we owned since new. So the the scab suicide door dance is second nature to them. Now my co-workers are a completely different story. They have enough room, but the door thing can be comical in tight parking lots.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my Scab about 2 weeks and it has plenty of room. I rode in the back and it was comfortable. We are not normally hauling kids or others in the back. Very sporty looking but the Screws look great too.

OP
OP
bcjohnson22

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's going to be a SCAB. Now what color?

This is the hardest part. If you have had a certain color in the past and you liked it that is always an option. But if you are looking at something different you might want to look at one in person because they do look a little different in person. The black is what I went with because it looks amazing (when it's clean). But I had white before and loved it too. Some think the black hides the special features of the raptor but I love mine.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'd go red or blue if you want "hey look at me!" And Terrain/silver/white/black if you want to blend in a bit more. That'll at least get.you started on color choice.

I went the "look at me" route with orange. I don't regret it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2