Help Identify Part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Hey All. I noticed some rattling under the truck. I tracked it down to three u-nuts which look as though they should have had something attached to them. I removed the u-nuts to alleviate the rattling, but I need to know what part number or name of the cover is that is supposed to be there. Even just telling me what its purpose it might help navigate the $hitty ford parts website. I've attached a picture of the correctly installed part I found on a youtube video. Thanks for your help. I am also attaching a pic from my truck showing whats behid the cover. Protective Cover.PNG
1000005590.jpg

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this one of those “wrong answers only” deals. But seriously, kinda looks like a skid plate support. Doesn’t look like an extremely critical part.

OP
OP
HighwaySentinel

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Ha. Any answer is better than what I can come up with. It looks like it is made to protect rather than support though. The two skid plates on either side are solidly mounted without this piece.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the clearance but is it to aid in sway bar bushing removal? Perhaps protect those lines running north south.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like the oil drain plug access cover on the R. Perhaps they have that cover on all Gen 3's but not used on the 3.5 engines.

R,
HAP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erikn