Screw or Scab??? help fast!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't decide if I want a screw or a scab for the new truck. Please list your pros and cons of both to help me come to a conclusion! Going to be telling the dealer what I want this week

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scabs are faster! I think this a completely personal choice, I just like the look of a scab, more sporty. Do you have kids or big friends? Maybe a screw us for you. Off road, although guys will not claim this to be true, its easier to high center a screw but probably not that much easier. Screws are only 10'' longer than scabs I believe. Bigger gas tank in screw (10gal) so that may be a plus, but i spend less time filling... Your choice

The towing capacity is more too on a screw, not sure exact number, maybe you need that extra bit? I think scabs just look more aggressive.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Oh whichever one you chose, it will look great in my shop getting a perch adjustment!

OP
OP
bcjohnson22

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scabs are faster! I think this a completely personal choice, I just like the look of a scab, more sporty. Do you have kids or big friends? Maybe a screw us for you. Off road, although guys will not claim this to be true, its easier to high center a screw but probably not that much easier. Screws are only 10'' longer than scabs I believe. Bigger gas tank in screw (10gal) so that may be a plus, but i spend less time filling... Your choice

The towing capacity is more too, not sure exact number, maybe you need that extra bit? I think scabs just look more aggressive.

No kids, just passenger space is the only space I worry about. The back seat isn't very big in the scab although I do like the look of it. I just don't want the screw to look too long for the raptors sporty look.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kids, just passenger space is the only space I worry about. The back seat isn't very big in the scab although I do like the look of it. I just don't want the screw to look too long for the raptors sporty look.

If you got some Hoss buddies, you might need the screw! But otherwise I never have a problem with people in The back, but I'm not the one back there!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i got kids..... i ordered a crew. pismo/tahoe trips with the wife and 2 kids and a TON of crap from circus circus, there was no doubt i need it......

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess the questions to ask, are, how is the girlfriend situation? and how long you plan on keeping the truck?

reason being........ if you have a girlfriend who wants to get married soon and have kids, then you will need a bigger vehicle. or trade in for a newer one when the time comes. but if you plan on keeping it a long time then you should probably go sit in a few to determine whats right for you. either way i think the truck looks awesome, but do you go by looks or functionality?

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i guess the questions to ask, are, how is the girlfriend situation? and how long you plan on keeping the truck?

reason being........ if you have a girlfriend who wants to get married soon and have kids, then you will need a bigger vehicle. or trade in for a newer one when the time comes. but if you plan on keeping it a long time then you should probably go sit in a few to determine whats right for you. either way i think the truck looks awesome, but do you go by looks or functionality?

I wouldn't go as far as to say a scab is less functional than a screw. Other than some leg room in the rear and a smaller fuel tank , either model has about 2/3 the towing capacity as the equivalent f150. So the Raptor as a whole is less functional as a "truck " than an f150, to say the scab is even less than a screw is reaching.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a wife and 2 kids in car seats, and we fit just fine in the Scab. Anything that doesn't fit goes in the bed. Have you sat in the back seat of a Screw? I'm 6'2" and feel small back there - literally a foot between my knees and the front seat. If you're planning on hulk hogan size kids, are car pooling a "work crew", or are a rancher you will need the Screw. You should probably just get which ever one appeals to you and the details will sort themselves out along the way. Scabs are faster... Especially black ones!

Last edited: