Screw or Scab??? help fast!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I didn't have a baby and somewhat older parents that ride with me occasionally I would have got a Scab. I'm 6'6 so with a baby seat it just wouldn't work although I do like the look of the Scab much better.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The screw has a harder revalving as well. The scab is softer than the screw.

At the raptor for sale forum.
most of the svt raptor are screw and that sucks.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the truck becose I needed room for 4 kid's with back packs and they fit in the screw just fine easer for them to get the back packes in and out.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey is there any different from a 2010 svt raptor vs a 2012 svt raptor in the internal suspension valving. I have a friend who has a 2010 5.4 scab svt raptor and the ride is way too smoother than my dad's 2012 screw svt raptor.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for a great thread! I'm still deciding which to get myself and it helps to just hear everyone's reasoning for that they have and if they've wanted to change.

A few pluses for the SCAB:
133" wheelbase for "regular" off-roading
slightly more ground clearance (but only .2 inches).
little better angles
$2600 bucks cheaper (invoice pricing)

Pluses for the SCREW
145" wheelbase may be a little better at 100 mph in the desert
36 gallon tank!
4 doors for easy access (and hauling stuff)
Much more room for hauling friends in the back
8000 lbs of towing capicity vs 6000 lbs for the SCAB (2013 model I know)

Not sure which looks better myself. I think the SCAB looks sportier but the SCREW looks tougher or more of a beast of a truck (positive in my mind).

Like everyone has pretty much said though. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know you hear the chants of Screw...Screw....Screw....don't fight the voices.

LOL! My voices are pushing me towards the SCAB right now because of the wheelbase advantage in some of the trails in my area and quite frankly I can order a couple months earlier with the cheaper cost. A SCAB Raptor with the luxury pkg and cameras can be had for $45 and change at one of our "Invoice" dealers.