Ryan's 2020 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Killer start; I love your method and approach to your build, addressing tangible handling improvements over superfluous cosmetic changes that proffer no advantage.

FWIW, I just came off a set of 37" KR2's to the narrower and quieter KM3's. Both are amazing tires for a myriad of reasons, but I've been extremely happy with the durability and performance of the BFG brand. The KM3's are far better in rain / snow, but I'd choose the KR2's all day in the summer months when blasting through the desert, even with the egregious road noise.

Looking forward to more of this build!

KR3s are easily the noisiest on-road tire that I've ever driven. However, they are also easily the best desert tire that I've ever used. Over 70mph?
i-cant-hear-you-meme.jpg

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going for performance or just for the look? Those are two different route for mods.

The goal is to find a balance, with Compromises along the way. I expect to have fun here in the Colorado hills, but still need to get groceries once in a while :)

Same approach I’ve had with past Jeeps.
Killer start; I love your method and approach to your build, addressing tangible handling improvements over superfluous cosmetic changes that proffer no advantage.

FWIW, I just came off a set of 37" KR2's to the narrower and quieter KM3's. Both are amazing tires for a myriad of reasons, but I've been extremely happy with the durability and performance of the BFG brand. The KM3's are far better in rain / snow, but I'd choose the KR2's all day in the summer months when blasting through the desert, even with the egregious road noise.

Looking forward to more of this build!

Thanks for the advice! I’ll probably stick with the KO2 even at 37. It’s just such a great tire for all the things I’ll be doing around here in CO. I come from KM3’s and Cooper Discoverer SST’s and Nittos and such. I’ve been pretty impressed by the AT+winter characteristics of the KO2.

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going for performance or just for the look? Those are two different route for mods.

We all want our rigs to look good, right? :)

I’ll be targeting a balance for sure. If it was all about performance I’d be doing bypass racks and such. If it was all about looks I’d probably just slap new wheels on, level it, and call it a day.

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updating...new stuff as of this post in bold.

• Body
    • Rydonair 7" Antenna
    • Amp Research Powerstep
    • Amp Research Powerstep Pass Through Harness
    • Paint Correction, Xpel Clear, Modesta Ceramic, Tint
    • ADD Pro Bolt-on Front Bumper
    • ADD Pro Bolt-on Rear Bumper
    • ADD Adaptive Cruise Relocation Bracket
  • Electronics
    • Rigid RDS-Pro 20" Spot Light Bar (front bumper)
    • Rigid D-Series Pro Flood DM (rear bumper)
  • Steering
    • RPG Tie Rods Black
  • Suspension
    • Fox 3.0 Race Live Valve Front Shocks
    • Fox 3.0 Race Live Valve Rear Shocks
    • Icon Delta Joint Upper Control Arms
    • RPG Stage 3 Rear Suspension With Deaver 3+ SD, Fox 2.5 Air Bumps
    • KHC LCA Support Kit and Slot Delete
  • Wheels
    • Method 315 Wheels 17x8.5
    • Method 14x1.5 Black Spline Lug
    • Chief Machining 94mm Center Cap Black
    • BFG 37x12.50R17 KO2
    • OEM TPMS
I've decided to forego intercooler mod, for now at least. It's just an area I'm unfamiliar and I don't want to mess with the motor, and I also didn't feel like cutting the frame horns. Hence the reason why I went with ADD's bolt-on front bumper.

And now we wait for it all to arrive :)

OP
OP
ryan505

ryan505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the KO2’s mounted up to the Methods. Reasonably happy with the look. Might change out the ring bolts to black. The black Method lugs and black center cap from Chief Machining will probably make me happy.

Clearly some work ahead to make them fit!
AFEC7280-D2FE-4AF2-A362-03097A725EEE.jpeg

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Raptor. Sounds like this should be a great build. Very nice list of mods so far.

let us know if we can be of any help. We offer just about everything not just exhausts.