Roush vs Hennessy???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has trash talked Roush. A lot of people would suggest against any sort of forced induction just due to the extra wear it will put on your engine. No one can contest that. The difference is that some are willing to accept that for the gains they get.

On the on the other hand, I have heard very few good things about Hennessey. Most of us will agree that the problems are less now but that raises the fact now that they are charging $13k for the 600 and that is a $7500 or so kit from Roush.

To each his own. You praise them, others don't. I would not personally send something to Hennessey even if they are straightening their operations out. Mainly because if I didn't have the knowledge to do it myself I would save the shipping costs and get the kit installed locally.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone that wants to keep bashing Hennessey and Roush go ahead. I have about 20,000 miles on my 2012 Hennessey VelociRaptor 600 in 1 year. Hennessey was originally using the procharger and that system is junk, thats why they changed over to the Roush system. I ran the Landrush 1000, and the Snoball 500, and ran it hard. I run this very hard on and offroad and its very fast. Just ask anyone that has tried to keep up. I haven't had any problems with this. Anybody that doesn't know how to drive could tear up anything supercharged or not. So everyone keep trashing Roush superchargers and I will continue to have one of the quickest Raptors around. By the way, superchargers don't know if they are on or off road.

Yeah..no one is bashing Roush..just Hennessey..IMO and a lot of people on here will agree Hennessey is just a name that is well advertised. But in reality its over priced and **** poor quality. You could save thousands by doing it yourself or having a better shop doing it

brd o pry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow up---- Hennessey didn't do my conversion. I purchased everything from them and I did the install. I had to sent them pics during and after completion. They sent me everything including the badging, serial plates, hand held tuner with the tune, etc.. When I was done I stuck it on a dyno and everything was great. I wasn't going to send my truck to Texas and pay them 5,000 to install. At the time mine was done, Roush only had the tuner system out, not the calibrated yet. Roush also said they would only be 525hp with the calibrated kit when they release it, they have since upped it to 590hp with their stage 2. This is my 4th screw supercharged vehicle and have not had any problems on any of them.

Andy@Livernois

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone that wants to keep bashing Hennessey and Roush go ahead. I have about 20,000 miles on my 2012 Hennessey VelociRaptor 600 in 1 year. Hennessey was originally using the procharger and that system is junk, thats why they changed over to the Roush system. I ran the Landrush 1000, and the Snoball 500, and ran it hard. I run this very hard on and offroad and its very fast. Just ask anyone that has tried to keep up. I haven't had any problems with this. Anybody that doesn't know how to drive could tear up anything supercharged or not. So everyone keep trashing Roush superchargers and I will continue to have one of the quickest Raptors around. By the way, superchargers don't know if they are on or off road.

In all fairness to procharger, nothing is wrong with their system for these trucks. All the failures have been tune related. A proper tune fixes all "issues" with these kits.

Reaction score
Hennessy is a crook and screwed Viper owners out of $100,000s of dollars.

He is the LAST person I'd send the Raptor to.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Die thread DIE!

Plain and simply:

"ROUSH Industries is a Tier One supplier of fully integrated engineering and development support services to the worldwide automotive industry."

Hennessey is just a fancy name for an average high priced aftermarket speed shop. They only use other companies rebadged products and parts. They do not design, test or manufacture their own products. It is just an expensive name and sub par quality and reputation.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)