Rigid Industries fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benny

Reaction score
Let me start with this is a first for me, & it read out simple, But I have already jumped to the web for help. I read a few things already on here about the kits, mine has different hardware than I have read about. Mine came with 4 u-nuts 4 M8 bolts & 4 5/16" self-tapping screws. But the first thing too throw me off was I got under the passenger side like rigid said placed the bracket to the back of the beam & slid it to the stepped down, marked the holes. Now is where my brain freaked out. The driver side support beam has holes in it. & If I line up the plug hole & the predrilled hole with the bracket I'm not true with the back & the stepped down. Ummm what do I do?

If this post needs moved sorry & thank you.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just installed mine the other day and came across the same issue. My hole line up just shy of the hole that was already there. Just enough to drill the hole and the self tapping screw did the rest. If yours isn't lined up like that then you could always drill a new hole on the rigid bracket.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had no problem. But, I didn't read the instructions. So, maybe you should just throw those away and install the brackets the way You think they should be installed. And like Mobilebeats said, you may need to drill either the brackets or the brace to make it work. Your not the first to run into problems with these.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm, my hole lined up perfectly.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I assume this is the hole with the plug in it?

9823d1342373035-how-adjust-bumper-rigid-d2-fog-lights-sam_6871.jpg

OP
OP
Benny

Benny

Reaction score
Hmmm, my hole lined up perfectly.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I assume this is the hole with the plug in it?

9823d1342373035-how-adjust-bumper-rigid-d2-fog-lights-sam_6871.jpg

Did it have the pre-drilled holes? Did you use one of em or just drill it out close to the pre-drill? I don't like that I'll be drilling so close to the pre-drilled.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

& what edge did you guys put the u-bolts?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All holes in the bracket were predrilled. I did drill them out larger so I could use the nut and bolts on all 4 corners, did not use any of the self-taping screws. I also had to drill into that beam frame part on the Raptor.

OP
OP
Benny

Benny

Reaction score
The pre-drilled holes are on the support beam on the drivers side. & Don't line up with the bracket hole, if I line up the bracket next to the step down on the support beam.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only hole on that support beam that need to line up is the one that is for the plastic plug that holds that rubberized shielding in place. The rest you need to drill.