Interior/Cargo Lamp/Puddle Light Wire Location in Engine Bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First time posting on a forum here, so my apologies for any mistakes.

2013 SCREW

Would like your guys' help with wiring up some ditch lights. I bought some lights on Amazon for some cheap ditch lights that have an amber DRL function. I wired up the main white light to upfitter switch #4, easy peasy. Was wondering if I could wire the amber function of this light into the interior/puddle light circuit and tap power in from there. That way, they'd only light up amber when I unlock the truck or open the door, etc.
I can see that circuit is wired into the fuse box in the passenger kick area inside the cab. The question is, is there a wire in the engine bay that is part of this circuit that I could steal power from? (to avoid tapping into that fuse and running a wire through the firewall and into the engine bay)

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find a straight answer on this; however, I did come across some people saying that having too much of a draw on this circuit might cause an error code on the BCM. Do you guys think this could be the case if I pursued this? I don't believe the smaller amber LED on this light would draw too much at all.

Amazon light for reference:

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

OP
OP
Reaction score
No worries! Thanks for your input.
Was just trying to avoid them constantly on with my parking lights while driving on the street because I don't have the best luck with cops...so didn't want to attract any more attention to the truck than necessary haha.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Just for future reference if anyone stumbles across this post, I ended up just running a wire through the firewall.

I T-tapped into the wire inside the passenger kick fuse box area, ran it through the main big grommet (passenger side of engine bay) and wired in from there.

I found a diagram on an F150 forum on which wire powers the dome lights and tapped into that; attached. It was a purple/grey wire.

Lights work as desired now

Attachments

• 7728a8d32b8284680333235a6925a789.jpg
    7728a8d32b8284680333235a6925a789.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter