GEN 2 RetraxPro RX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my truck, with the RetraxPro RX installed. It looks really nice and operates very smooth.

Paid retail for the part and they had an $80 install fee, not bad.

Now ill need to see how the weather sealing holds up from washing it later.

20200623_151503.jpg

20200623_151456.jpg

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the weather sealing on the Retrax is not very good at all.
Paid $2k with install, bummer ever since.

Hope yours is better.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the weather sealing on the Retrax is not very good at all.
Paid $2k with install, bummer ever since.

Hope yours is better.

Sad to hear as that is what I think I want. I need one that accepts the tower/bars to carry kayaks. Will follow.

OP
OP
Hdaniel85

Hdaniel85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I believe I was watching the thread that compared bed covers and heard some people say it was good and some say it was bad. Sorry for the issues you have, I will give this thing a pressure wash and see what type of protection it has.

Retrax also notes that it is not weatherproof, only weather resistant.

I have heard horror stories and good stories regarding this, more good than bad. I just don't want to end up as a bad story

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
We have the Retrax (non power model) on my wife’s ZR2, and she really likes it. We even put some of the Truxedo weather proofing around the tale gate, but the bed is still not water tight. It’s a great cover, and I’d recommend one to anybody. I just don’t think you’ll ever get a cover that’s 100% waterproof for a truck bed.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you have any water ingress issues with your Retrax cover, you may want to adjust the side rails and the angles they sit at to help with that.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have any water ingress issues with your Retrax cover, you may want to adjust the side rails and the angles they sit at to help with that.
That does not do enough, the problem is really one of design. I contacted RETRAX and they sent some weather srtripping (nice of them) but it doesn't seem any amount of weatherstripping could help.

Make sure EVERYTHING under the RETRAX cover is in a plastic bin, can't tell you how much stuff the weather has ruined when it wasn't in it's own weatherproof box under the RETRAX.

Water POURS in from the Tailgate, everywhere else it does fine.

It's not junk, but IMHO it's no where worth $2k

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That does not do enough, the problem is really one of design. I contacted RETRAX and they sent some weather srtripping (nice of them) but it doesn't seem any amount of weatherstripping could help.

Make sure EVERYTHING under the RETRAX cover is in a plastic bin, can't tell you how much stuff the weather has ruined when it wasn't in it's own weatherproof box under the RETRAX.

Water POURS in from the Tailgate, everywhere else it does fine.

It's not junk, but IMHO it's no where worth $2k

So is there another made that has the track system?

Pastor, I saw you smart remark about me yesterday and I've contacted your church leadership council (CLC) and they've assured me that this has been an issue in the past and will call for an intervention. Just remember, we are all your friends!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So since water ingress is a problem, is there another cover that has the track system? I really wanted the Retrax!

GhostRHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the retrax pro XR and I haven't had any water issues and have washed with power washer as well as been through some heavy rains. My drains from the canister have been working as i can see some mineral deposits in the tubing. So so far it has done great!!

347E292B-4857-4E9D-A448-8D156A5051EE.JPG

IMG-0047 (1).jpg

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is there another made that has the track system?

Pastor, I saw you smart remark about me yesterday and I've contacted your church leadership council (CLC) and they've assured me that this has been an issue in the past and will call for an intervention. Just remember, we are all your friends!

Listen my friend, you aren't the first to report me, nor will you be the last.
A loving remark intended to poke a little fun.
We have to stick together you know!