New Baja Designs triple fog kit installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mclark202

Reaction score
Big thanks to specialty performance parts for this kit with the Black Friday rebates, along with their after sale support. Especially Sydney who helped me realize I was missing something in my order and she got that taken care of with a quickness.

install was pretty simple and straight forward. The hardest part is getting the auxiliary wires pulled out from the engine bay and getting the connections crimped on. Ford should have made this wires a few inches longer. Taking the battery out helped.
the actual lights are great, as expected. The mounting bracket makes it really simple to mount them before installing them and having them already aligned for the most part.

I chose a set of the SAE for the outside corners, figuring these would always be on and basically be a running light. Middle is an amber sport wide cornering, and inside is a sport driving combo. We have some bad weather here including snow so I wanted at least one set of nice amber lenses.

i wired each to it’s own auxiliary switch so I can have them on whenever I wanted. I’ll try to get some night time pics to show the difference but it’s a huge difference and well worth the upgrade. I’m now considering a set of ditch lights since the wiring is already all there and easy to hook up.

Attachments

• 1543C4CD-5B5F-47D4-A86A-EA4479303E6E.jpeg
    1543C4CD-5B5F-47D4-A86A-EA4479303E6E.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 132
  • D4210F6D-C076-49AF-8D5D-640D24F9C7B5.jpeg
    D4210F6D-C076-49AF-8D5D-640D24F9C7B5.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 135

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
I had thew same issues getting to the Aux wires, Ford should have made the wires just an inch or two longer. I mean an extra inch can be make or break ya.

OP
OP
M

mclark202

Reaction score
The aux wires would have been fine if I was soldiering them to another wire, but my crimper didn’t give enough room to get the right angle to crimp the connectors. But once I got them hooked up, the rest was really easy. Plug and play. I spent more time mounting the lights to the bracket and using the template provided by SPV made the location to mount them straight forward. At first I had the brackets “backwards” which pushed the lights farther back in the pocket. When I flipped them around and remounted them it was perfect.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
I just installed my SPV Triple Fog Kit. It was dark before I could zip tie everything, so I need to finish it in the morning. I decided on the amber fogs, sport driving combo and spot lights. I’ll see if I can pull together a pic or two tomorrow night. Install was really easy if you carefully follow the directions. John has this install down. I agree that Ford sucks for making the AUX connections so short. Removing the battery helps. I would also recommend buying the SPV Aux extension.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
Has anyone modified the rear fog cover to fit the Baja Designs Kit? If so, could you share a pic?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone modified the rear fog cover to fit the Baja Designs Kit? If so, could you share a pic?
I didn’t bother after a year and ended up trading them in to SPV for $150 credit and got the no drill rear Baja designs pro this Black Friday for a great price. Would recommend you do the same and forget about the covers.

Reaction score
Big thanks to specialty performance parts for this kit with the Black Friday rebates, along with their after sale support. Especially Sydney who helped me realize I was missing something in my order and she got that taken care of with a quickness.

install was pretty simple and straight forward. The hardest part is getting the auxiliary wires pulled out from the engine bay and getting the connections crimped on. Ford should have made this wires a few inches longer. Taking the battery out helped.
the actual lights are great, as expected. The mounting bracket makes it really simple to mount them before installing them and having them already aligned for the most part.

I chose a set of the SAE for the outside corners, figuring these would always be on and basically be a running light. Middle is an amber sport wide cornering, and inside is a sport driving combo. We have some bad weather here including snow so I wanted at least one set of nice amber lenses.

i wired each to it’s own auxiliary switch so I can have them on whenever I wanted. I’ll try to get some night time pics to show the difference but it’s a huge difference and well worth the upgrade. I’m now considering a set of ditch lights since the wiring is already all there and easy to hook up.
What does the backside of your lights look like with all the connections? I just installed the SPV kit but got frustrated with all the bulk and extra connections I started over and made my own harness from scratch. Id be interested to see how well you were able to clean yours up.

OP
OP
M

mclark202

Reaction score
What does the backside of your lights look like with all the connections? I just installed the SPV kit but got frustrated with all the bulk and extra connections I started over and made my own harness from scratch. Id be interested to see how well you were able to clean yours up.
I'll have to try to get a pic. I ran the wiring directly from each light towards the center of the truck and up over the little brace bar, where the connections are all made and then wire tied them in that area. It's not bad al all. I have the main wiring harness coming across just above the skid plate. Not bad looking but wish that was a little more clean. I'm not going to let that little bit bother me though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter