GEN 2 Retired the old Baja Raptor and picked up another

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Sold my 2017 with 60k Miles

18 trips to Cabo/Loreto 20-25k miles i would guess total off-road. 24 tires and more warranty claims then Ford ever dreamed of.

Got 55k trade for mine. (feel really bad for whoever buys it)

New one is Dark Grey 2018 802A carbon fiber the works for 72k

Service departed said they would swap my parts for me for 6 hours of labor. I said sure but then they said it would take 12 hours i Laughed really really hard took both trucks home swapped parts in 4 hours and 39 min. (meaning it would have taken ford 3 hours since they have a lift and air tools)

I thought my rears were feeling a little funky after last trip to Bay of La and well when i took them off.... You could press them in with your hands.

Ready to hammer this one now

IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6781.JPG

IMG_6778.JPG

IMG_6789.JPG

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
How manny miles did you get out of the fox race series? They look hammered ha ha, good job!

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised they honored your warranty...with all the snowflakes on here crying about how Ford wouldn't cover the warranty on their trucks. But really its a testament to how good the Ford coverage actually is for these vehicles. I've never had Ford deny a warranty on any of my Ford vehicles.

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

Reaction score
YES!....another owner actually taking his truck where it belongs....my adult son and I are taking my 2018 down to Baja next month to watch the 1000....

Thats awesome where you going to be watching it from?

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

Reaction score
I'm surprised they honored your warranty...with all the snowflakes on here crying about how Ford wouldn't cover the warranty on their trucks. But really its a testament to how good the Ford coverage actually is for these vehicles. I've never had Ford deny a warranty on any of my Ford vehicles.

They never didnt cover one thing. Even though all the damage was from excessive abuse. Replaced my Rear end 3x even with the 37s tires on it.

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

Reaction score
How manny miles did you get out of the fox race series? They look hammered ha ha, good job!

Dropping off at Fox tomorrow. ill let you know what they say... I got about 20k out of them. A very hard 20k

Cdcorn1

Reaction score
That’s great news. I recently installed the Fox 3.0 Race Series, Deavers, Camburg UCAs, and 37” BFG KO2s. Although, I do not abuse my truck I do take it to Baja for the SCORE races and multi day trail trips. The 1000 will be fun this year, especially since it’s a loop.

Last edited:

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KentSD Cdcorn1 -- have either of you posted reviews on the factory foxes? I'm considering a set and am very interested to see what people think of them vs stockers. I'm interested in knowing benefits and drawbacks on-road and offroad from members, especially considering how the fronts and rears appear to take a very different approache to their advanced technology (compresion only but DSC for the fronts, rebound + compression + zone control but no speed dependent tuning for the rears).