Replaced phasers twice now blown motor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are a clueless parts replacer...A v8 outperforms the sheep's v6 all day long and no turbos or super charger on the v8 to outperform the gutless v6. I have built many many hp v8 over the years all motor.

You haven’t done anything except make a complete fool of yourself. The 3.5 GTDI mops the floor with your 6.2 in both Horsepower and torque. If 510 lb-ft of torque is “gutless”, what does that make your 6.2’s 434 lb-ft?

You sound more like a troll than anything, just another Sasquatch.

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just spoke to the service advisor, told me it’ll cost 14k for a new motor installed. Said that they haven’t torn down the motor yet, but they can tell that the rod/rod bearing was broken. He mentioned that timing/cam phasers would not cause this to happen and that it’s most likely due to the failure of the oil pump or bad oil in the truck.
( I only get my oil changes at the dealership )

He said he’ll get back to me with the cost for a tear down on the motor which will not be included in the $14k if I decide to replace the motor.

I do have an extended warranty on it, I wanted ford to cover it (if it’s their fault) so I can prorate the extended warranty.

I wonder if it’s worth risking having to pay for the tear down on the motor considering @FordTechOne said that most likely it would not be the cam phaser issue. & even if it was due to workmanship they probably wouldn’t even admit to it… right ?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
14K, come on, is that for real? You need to get hold of Ford customer service, so they can send a rep out, you can pay him not the dealerships ******* ups to tear into it. Man, I hope @FordTechOne can help with this. I would take my truck out of there and send it to a different dealer. Don't listen to any of my advice, I'm mad and it's not even my truck!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, I looked it up, it appears the general consensus is a new motor is right around $7,000, so another $7000 for labour? so quick math 7000 / 150hr = 47 hours labor ?

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!
@FordTechOne if I a bov & intercooler installed you think a ford rep would use that as an argument on why the motor might have failed ?

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a certified shop that is experienced in building/modifying these motors ? If I can get the extended warranty to pay 14k to a shop to “replace” my motor and just get one built that would be cool.. lol I had an extended warranty on my m5 and got 36k to “rebuild” my motor