Replaced phasers twice now blown motor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are a clueless parts replacer...A v8 outperforms the sheep's v6 all day long and no turbos or super charger on the v8 to outperform the gutless v6. I have built many many hp v8 over the years all motor.
Hey OP....maybe @rat196426 can help you out with a new motor. Apparently he's an expert. #sorrynotsorry :)

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a text from the service advisor, $1850 to do a full tear down on the motor to find out what the issue was..

OP
OP
benbachh

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the work order i was given for each cam phaser replacement, it stated " replaced all parts per handbook " I'm guessing that includes the bolts. Not sure if they really replaced it. Should I risk forking out the 1850 or just have my aftermarket warranty take care of it

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s nuts, it’s great to see that the dealer you’ve be using reliably is trying to have Sex with your a n u s and not evening offering you a free lube first.

What happened with your extended warranty?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the work order i was given for each cam phaser replacement, it stated " replaced all parts per handbook " I'm guessing that includes the bolts. Not sure if they really replaced it. Should I risk forking out the 1850 or just have my aftermarket warranty take care of it
If your warranty is covering the motor replacement, I guess it doesn’t matter much except you’ll always be wandering if the tech did his job correctly or not.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what a “hand book” is. Regardless, there should be an itemized list of parts on the repair order. If you can post that we can see if they replaced the one time use bolts.